PLUNKETT'S BIOTECH & GENETICS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the Biotech & Genetics and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 392
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Biotech & Genetics Industry
1) The State of the Biotechnology Industry Today
2) A Short History of Biotechnology
3) Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
4) Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
5) Major Drug Companies Acquire or Partner With Smaller Biotech Firms
6) From Korea to India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech Development
7) Patients’ Genetic Profiles Plummet in Price as DNA Sequencing Technologies Advance
8) Gene Therapies Target Defective Genes/CRISPR Advances DNA Editing
9) Vaccines and Viruses in Drug Delivery
10) New Blockbuster Drugs Come to Market/ Drug Prices Soar
11) Generic Drugs Have Biggest Market Share by Unit Volume, but not by Total Revenues
12) Coupons and Other Marketing Schemes Obscure the Retail Prices of Drugs in the U.S., Which Are Vastly Higher than Prices Paid in Other Nations
13) Biotech and Orphan Drugs Create New Revenues for Drug Firms
14) Biosimilars (Generic Biotech Drugs) Receive FDA Guidelines for Accelerated Approval/Competition Will Be Fierce
15) Stem Cells—Multiple Sources Stem from New Technologies
16) Government Support for Stem Cell Research Evolves
17) Stem Cells—Therapeutic Cloning Techniques Advance
18) Stem Cells—A New Era of Tissue Replacement Takes Shape
19) Nanotechnology Converges with Biotech
20) Genetically Modified (GM) Seeds and Crops Planted in Dozens of Nations/Agribio R&D Investment Is High
21) Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Prompt Controversy, Labeling and Legislation
22) Cloning of Farm Animals/Meat and Cheese Substitutes Created in Laboratories/3-D Printed Food Appears
23) Selective Breeding, Zinc Fingers, Mutagenesis and Gene-Editing as Alternatives to GMOs
24) Immunotherapy Promises New Approach to Fighting Cancers
25) Technology Discussion—Genes and DN
26) Technology Discussion—Proteins and Proteomics
27) Technology Discussion—DNA Chips
28) Technology Discussion—SNPs (“Snips”)
29) Technology Discussion—Synthetic Biology
30) Technology Discussion—Recombinant DNA
31) Technology Discussion—Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)Biotech & Genetics Industry Statistics
1) Biotech Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
3) U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2016
4) U.S. Pharmaceutical R&D Spending Versus the Number of New Molecular Entity (NME) Approvals: 1993-2016
5) Employment in Life & Physical Science Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: May 2016
6) Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for General Science & Basic Research, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2015-2017
7) U.S. Exports & Imports of Pharmaceutical Products: 2011-1st Quarter 2017
8) U.S. Prescription Drug Expenditures, Aggregate & Per Capita Amounts, Percent Distribution 2009-2025
9) Prescription Drug Expenditures, U.S.: Selected Years, 1965-2025
10) Total U.S. Biotechnology Patents Granted per Year by Patent Class: 1977-2015
11) Research Funding for Biological Sciences, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years 2016-2018
12) Global Area of Biotech Crops by Country: 2016
13) Domestic & Foreign Pharmaceutical Sales, PhRMA Member Companies: 1980-2015
14) Sales By Geographic Area, PhRMA Member Companies: 2014
15) Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad, PhRMA Member Companies: 1980-2015
16) Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad Breakdown, PhRMA Member Companies: 2014