PLUNKETT'S BANKING, MORTGAGES & CREDIT INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2020
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Banking, Mortgages & Credit Sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 23
Companies Profiled: 428
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Trends Affecting the Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry
1. Introduction to the Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry
2. Consumers Slowly Increase Borrowing
3. Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $29.8 Trillion
4. Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
5. Investment Firms and Banks Compete for Clients in High Net Worth Households
6. Banks and Mobile Apps Vie for Previously Underserved Markets, Including Hispanics
7. Wal-Mart Offers Checking and Debit Service in the U.S./Banco de Wal-Mart in Mexico
8. China Sees Growth in Online Payments, Banking and Lending/Alipay Soars
9. India’s Mobile Banking Grows/Microloans Continue
10. Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
11. Shadow Banking Soars with Non-Bank Alternatives, Online or Peer-to-Peer Lending and Crowdfunding
12. Online Banking Grows on Smartphones/ The Internet and ATMs Replace Tellers and Branches
13. Visa and MasterCard Enjoy Global Growth/Apple Card Launches
14. Credit Card Technologies Advance with Embedded Chips (EMV) for Better Security
15. Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
16. Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Payment Systems, such as Zelle and Venmo, Soar in Popularity
17. In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
18. Smaller Down Payments/Easier Loan Qualifications Change Mortgage Market
19. Online Competition Changes the Mortgage Industry
20. Hedge Funds Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
21. Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Lending, Insurance and Online Robo Advisors
22. Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
23. Open Banking May Revolutionize the World of Banking and Finance
24. The Future of Banking, Credit Cards, Mobile Payments and MortgagesBanking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics
1. U.S. Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Global Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
3. Top 50 U.S. Bank Holding Companies: June 30, 2019
4. FDIC Insured Institution Statistics: 2nd Quarter 2019
5. Number of Failed U.S. Bank Institutions, 1980-2019
6. Deposit Insurance Fund Balance and Insured Deposits: 2011-2019
7. Assets & Liabilities of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks, Grouped by Asset Size: June 2019
8. Top Ten Federally-Chartered & State-Chartered Banks by Assets: June 2019
9. Deposits, Income & Expenses of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks: 2014-June 2019
10. Assets & Liabilities of Foreign Banking Offices in the U.S.: 2016-2nd Quarter 2019
11. Prime Interest Rate, U.S.: 1955-September 2019
12. Bond Yields & Interest Rates, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
13. Employment in the Banking Industry, U.S.: 2013-July 2019
14. Homeownership Rates by Race & Ethnicity of Householder, U.S.: 1999-2018
15. Homeownership Rates by Region, U.S.: Selected Years, 1985-2018
16. New Privately-Owned Housing Units Started, U.S.: 1978-2018
17. Mortgage Loans Outstanding, U.S.: 1979-2nd Quarter 2019
18. Home Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2016-2nd Quarter 2019
19. Assets & Liabilities, U.S. Agency- & Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE)-Backed Securities by Holder: 2016-2nd Quarter 2019
20. Consumer Credit Outstanding, U.S.: 1971-June 2019
21. Consumer Credit Outstanding by Major Holders, U.S.: 2014-2nd Quarter 2019
22. Terms of Credit at Commercial Banks, U.S.: 2014-2nd Quarter 2019
23. Loan Performance, FDIC-Insured Institutions: March 2019