PLUNKETT'S AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2022
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the automobile industry and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 407
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
How is the industry evolving?
How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
What is the size of the market now and in the future?
What are the financial results of the leading companies?
What are the names and titles of top executives?
What are the top companies and what are their revenues?Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Automobile Industry
1. Automobile Industry Introduction
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Automobile Industry
3. U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda
4. U.S. Automobile Sales Show That Consumers Want Pickup Trucks and Crossovers
5. Fuel Efficiency Continues to Improve
6. Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
7. Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Operate the Gigafactory
8. Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
9. Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
10. Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
11. Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
12. China Becomes the World’s Largest Auto Market
13. India Has a Significant Automobile Market, with Great Long-Term Potential
14. Mexico Is a Leading Automotive Maker and Exporter
15. Focus on Safety Improvements by Automakers
16. Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent Transportation (ITS) and Real-Time Traffic Information21
17. Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems22
18. Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates23
19. Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Ride Hailing) Industry
20. Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
21. Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting OpportunitiesAutomobile Industry Statistics
1. Automobile Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. General Motors Corporation Overview
3. Ford Motor Company Overview
4. Volkswagen Group Overview
5. Toyota Motor Corporation Overview
6. Daimler AG Overview
7. Hyundai Motor Group Overview
8. Honda Motor Co. Overview
9. U.S. New Car & Truck Market Shares by Company: 2018-2020
10. Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations & Resident Population, U.S.: 1960-2019
11. Highest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2021 Model Year
12. Lowest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2021 Model Year
13. Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2013-2019
14. Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2013-2020
15. Average Miles Per Gallon vs. Horsepower, U.S.: 1975-2019
16. Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents in the U.S. by Type of Vehicle & Person: 2010-2019
17. Value of Imports of Vehicles to the U.S.: 2015-2nd Quarter 2021
18. Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2015-2nd Quarter 2021
19. Occupational Employment and Wages for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: May 2020
20. Employment in the Automobile Industry, U.S.: 2015-June 2021