PLUNKETT'S AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the automobile industry and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 407
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
-What are the top companies and what are their revenues?Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Automobile Industry
1. Automobile Industry Introduction
2. U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda
3. U.S. Automobile Sales Still Strong/ Consumers Want Pickup Trucks and Crossovers
4. Fuel Efficiency Continues to Improve/Trump Administration Expected to Delay Increases in MPG Standards
5. Manufacturers Invest in Advanced Batteries and Raise Targets for Hybrid Car Sales
6. Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
7. Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Open the Gigafactory
8. Clean Diesel Technology Faces Consumer and Regulatory Challenges/Volkswagen Faces Emissions Scandal
9. Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
10. Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
11. Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
12. Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
13. China Becomes the World’s Largest Auto Market
14. India Sees Automobile Export Growth
15. Mexico Now a Major Automotive Maker and Exporter
16. Focus on Safety Improvements by Automakers
17. Car Sharing Programs Like Zipcar and Autolib, AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
18. Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent Transportation (ITS) and Real-Time Traffic Information
19. Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
20. Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
21. Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Raid Hailing) Industry
22. Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development WorldwideAutomobile Industry Statistics
1. Automobile Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. General Motors Corporation Overview
3. Ford Motor Company Overview
4. Volkswagen Group Overview
5. Toyota Motor Corporation Overview
6. Daimler AG Overview
7. Hyundai Motor Group Overview
8. Honda Motor Co. Overview
9. U.S. New Car & Truck Market Shares by Company: 2013-2017
10. Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations & Resident Population, U.S.: 1960-2016
11. Highest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2018 Model Year
12. Lowest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2018 Model Year
13. Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2010-2016
14. Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2010-2017
15. Average Miles Per Gallon vs. Horsepower, U.S.: 1975-2014
16. Automobile Driving Costs, U.S.: 2017
17. Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents in the U.S. by Type of Vehicle & Person: 2007-2016
18. Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-August 2018
19. Value of Imports of Vehicles to the U.S.: 2012-2nd Quarter 2018
20. Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2012-2nd Quarter 2018
21. Occupational Employment and Wages for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: May 2017
22. Employment in the Automobile Industry, U.S.: 2012-June 2018