PLUNKETT'S AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018Key Findings:
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the automobile industry and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 407
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Automobile Industry
1) Automobile Industry Introduction
2) U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda
3) U.S. Automobile Sales Still Strong
4) Fuel Efficiency Continues to Improve/Stiff MPG Standards Adopted in the U.S. (CAFE Rules) and Abroad
5) Hybrid Cars’ Market Share Falls
6) Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) Enter the Market in Low Numbers
7) Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Open the Gigafactory
8) Clean Diesel Technology Faces Consumer and Regulatory Challenges/Volkswagen Faces Emissions Scandal
9) Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
10) Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
11) Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
12) Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
13) China Becomes the World’s Largest Auto Market
14) India Sees Automobile Export Growth
15) Mexico Grows Rapidly as a Major Automotive Maker and Exporter
16) Focus on Safety Improvements by Automakers/Self-Driving, Autonomous, Cars
17) Small Cars Boosted by Green Consumers and MPG Regulations
18) Car Sharing Programs Like Zipcar and Autolib, AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
19) Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent Transportation (ITS) and Real-Time Traffic Information
20) Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
21) Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Drivers Allow Their Habits to be Tracked for
Lower Insurance RatesAutomobile Industry Statistics
1) Automobile Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) General Motors Corporation Overview
3) Ford Motor Company Overview
4) Volkswagen Group Overview
5) Toyota Motor Corporation Overview
6) Daimler AG Overview
7) Hyundai Motor Group Overview
8) Honda Motor Co. Overview
9) U.S. New Car & Truck Market Shares by Company: 2012-2016
10) New Vehicle Sales by Vehicle Type, U.S.: 2009-2017
11) Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations & Resident Population, U.S.: 1960-2015
12) Highest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2017 Model Year
13) Lowest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2017 Model Year
14) Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2009-2015
15) Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2009-2016
16) Average Miles Per Gallon vs. Horsepower, U.S.: 1975-2014
17) Automobile Driving Costs, U.S.: 2016
18) Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents in the U.S. by Type of Vehicle & Person: 2006-2015
19) International Retail Premium Gasoline Prices: May 1996-May 2017
20) Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-December 2015
21) Value of Imports of Vehicles to the U.S.: 2011-1st Quarter 2017
22) Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2011-1st Quarter 2017
23) Occupational Employment and Wages for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: May 2016
24) Employment in the Automobile Industry, U.S.: 2011-May 2017