PLUNKETT'S APPAREL & TEXTILES INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in Apparel and Textiles and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 345
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Apparel & Textiles Industry
1) Introduction to the Apparel & Textiles Industry
2) Wage Rise Slows in China/Vietnam and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
3) Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Jobs as Firms Reshore
4) Working Conditions and Workers’ Rights Become Major Considerations as Work Moves from China to Lower-Cost Nations
5) Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
6) 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
7) Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
8) Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
9) 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
10) The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
11) Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
12) Plus Sizes Market Evolves to Serve Overweight Consumers
13) Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
14) Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
15) Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Shoes Soar in Online Sales
16) Self Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow in Stores and Online
17) Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
18) Apparel Manufacturing Goes Green
19) Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
20) Fashion Rental Grows Thanks to Online Apparel Pioneer Rent the Runway
21) Subscription Fashion Services Grow, Including Site Stitch Fix
22) Amazon Becomes one of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and Shoes
23) Disruption, Technology and the Future of the Fashion, Apparel and Shoes BusinessApparel & Textiles Industry Statistics
1) Apparel & Textiles Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Price Index (PPI): 2003-February 2018
3) Percent Change in Annual U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Prices: 2004-2017
4) Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2016-2017
5) Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2016-2017
6) Top 25 Countries Exporting Apparel & Non-Apparel Textiles to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2016-2017
7) Top 15 Countries Exporting Fabric, Man-Made Fiber Products, Cotton Products & Wool Products to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2016-2017
8) U.S. Retail Sales, Selected Kinds of Businesses: 2011-2017
9) U.S. Retail Sales of Apparel, Shoes & Accessories: 2017
10) Worldwide Cotton Area, Yield & Production: 2015-2018
11) Apparel & Textiles Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2013-2018