PLUNKETT'S AIRLINE, HOTEL & TRAVEL INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2022
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Airline, Hotel and Travel sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 330
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
1. Introduction to the Travel Industry
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
3. Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
4. Major Airlines Change Strategy, Charge Fees
5. Some International Airlines Cut First Class Seats and Add to Business Class/Premium Economy Now Widely Available
6. Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Soar
7. Boeing and Airbus Lose Orders
8. New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
9. Supersonic Jets Fly Again
10. In Flight Wireless Takes Off
11. Airports Expand
12. Growth in China’s and India’s Travel Markets Curtailed by the Coronavirus
13. China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
14. Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
15. Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Gained Popularity as Certification Standards Emerged
16. Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
17. What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
18. Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
19. Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
20. Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
21. Localization Will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
22. Dog-Friendly Hotels Will Gain Market Share
23. Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
24. Cruise Industry Market Was Strong But Faces Tremendous New Challenges
25. Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
26. River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
27. Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
28. New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
29. High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
30. U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
31. Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID, Facial Recognition and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines and Hotels
32. Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
33. Space Travel Firms Seek Tourists/New Vehicles for U.S. Astronauts
34. The Future of TravelAirline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics
1. Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-2020
3. Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 12 Months Ended April 2021 and April 2020
4. Consolidation in U.S. Airlines
5. Annual U.S. Domestic Average Itinerary Air Fare: 1996-2021
6. U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2041
7. Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2041
8. Top Regions of U.S. Residents Traveling Abroad (Outbound): 2019-2020
9. Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports: 1st Quarter 2020-1st Quarter 2021
10. Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2020 System Scheduled Enplanements
11. Cruise Line Industry Overview, U.S.: 2014-2020
12. Monthly U.S. Transportation Services Index (TSI): December 2019-June 2020
13. Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2018-1st Quarter 2020
14. Employment in the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry, U.S.: 2015-May 2021