PLUNKETT'S AIRLINE, HOTEL & TRAVEL INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2020
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Airline, Hotel and Travel sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 330
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
1. Introduction to the Travel Industry
2. Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
3. Major Airlines Change Strategy, Charge Fees and Boost Profits
4. Some International Airlines Cut First Class Seats and Add to Business Class/Premium Economy Now Widely Available
5. Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Grow
6. Boeing and Airbus Have Massive Aircraft Order Backlogs/Major Aircraft Market in China
7. New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
8. In Flight Wireless Takes Off
9. Air Traffic Grows/Airports Expand/Asia Has Strong Air Traffic
10. Massive Long Term Growth in China’s Travel Market/Indian Travel Market Rebounds
11. China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports and Silk Road
12. Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
13. Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Grow as Certification Standards Emerge
14. Hotel Occupancy, Profits and New Construction Grow
15. Luxury Hotel Chains Expand Globally
16. What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
17. Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
18. Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
19. Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
20. Localization Will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
21. Dog-Friendly Hotels Will Gain Market Share
22. Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
23. Cruise Industry Market Is Strong while Capacity Soars with New Ships
24. Small Cruise Ships Offer Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
25. River Cruise Lines Are Launched, with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
26. Chinese Tourism Creates Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
27. New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
28. High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
29. U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
30. Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID, Facial Recognition and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines and Hotels
31. Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
32. Space Travel Firms Seek Tourists/New Vehicles for U.S. Astronauts
33. The Future of TravelAirline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics
1. Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-2018
3. Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 12 Months Ended April 2019 and April 2018
4. Consolidation in U.S. Airlines
5. Annual U.S. Domestic Average Itinerary Air Fare: 1995- Q1 2019
6. U.S. Aviation Industry Average Annual Percentage Growth Forecasts by World Region: 2019-2039
7. U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2039
8. Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2039
9. International Visitor Arrivals to the U.S., Forecast: 2017-2023
10. Top Destinations of U.S. Residents Traveling Abroad (Outbound): 2016-2017
11. Top 20 Countries Ranked by International Tourism, Number of Arrivals: 2010-2017
12. Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports: 1st Quarter 2018-1st Quarter 2019
13. Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2018 System Scheduled Enplanements
14. U.S. Airline Revenue Passenger Enplanements: January 1996- April 2019
15. Cruise Line Industry Overview, U.S.: 2012-2018
16. Quarterly Growth in Real Tourism Spending & Real GDP, U.S.: 2000-2017
17. Monthly U.S. Transportation Services Index (TSI): November 2018-May 2019
18. Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2017-1st Quarter 2019
19. Employment in the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry, U.S.: 2013-June 2019