Deal Trends in Diabetes
The Deal Trends in Diabetes report from IMS Health’s PharmaDeals analyses 500+ diabetes deals from 2009 to 2014 and provides up-to date insight for deal-makers with an interest in the lucrative sector of diabetes. Data and analysis presented in the report is based on the IMS PharmaDeals database, the leading source of deals and alliances information in the life science industry.
Use this report to:
Successfully negotiate your next diabetes deal with the wealth of IMS PharmaDeals data at your fingertips
Identify the most/least active deal-makers in diabetes
Understand recent trends in diabetes deal-making by pharma companies and leading academic centres
Find out what values have been achieved for diabetes deals, and how much licensees are paying in upfront fees and milestones
Scope of this report:
Overview of the type 1 and type 2 diabetes market
In-depth analysis of the trends in global M&A, partnering and joint-venture deals
Review of partnering deals in the drug delivery technology space and for type 1 drug candidates
Financial analyses including mean total deal values, mean upfront payments, milestones and royalties
Company analysis with deal-making trends of the leading companies in diabetes
500+ diabetes deal records since 2009 from the IMS PharmaDeals database, presented in Excel format
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 1 DIABETES OVERVIEW
- 1.1 Diabetes Market
- 1.2 Prevalence
- 1.3 Current Therapies
- 1.3.1 Type 1 Diabetes
- 1.3.2 Type 2 Diabetes
- 1.4 Market Size
- 1.5 Leading Diabetes Products
- 1.6 Leading Products in Late Stage Development
- CHAPTER 2 OVERALL TRENDS IN DIABETES DEALS
- 2.1 Diabetes Deal Intensity
- 2.2 Trends in All Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Deals
- CHAPTER 3 M&A DEALS
- 3.1 M&A Deal Trends
- 3.2 M&A Deal Values
- CHAPTER 4 PARTNERING DEALS
- 4.1 Partnering Deal Trends
- 4.2 Partnering Deals by Product Type
- 4.3 Partnering Deals by Development Stage
- 4.4 Partnering Deals by Total Deal Values
- 4.5 Partnering Upfront Values
- 4.6 Diabetes Deals Royalties
- 4.7 Partnering Deals in Type 1 Diabetes
- 4.8 Stem Cell Therapy Deals in Diabetes
- CHAPTER 5 DRUG DELIVERY DEALS
- 5.1 Deal Trends in Diabetes Drug Delivery
- CHAPTER 6 JOINT VENTURES
- 6.1 Deal Trends in Joint Ventures
- CHAPTER 7 COMPANY ANALYSIS: DIABETES DEAL TRENDS
- 7.1 Overview of Deal Trends
- 7.2 Big Pharma Diabetes Deals by Product Type
- 7.3 Big Pharma Diabetes Deals by Stage of Development
- CHAPTER 8 OUTLOOK FOR DIABETES DEALS
- OUTLOOK FOR DIABETES DEALS
- Table 1.1 Main drug classes to treat insulin- and non insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Table 1.2 Top companies by sales in diabetes drugs in 2014.
- Table 1.3 Top 15 diabetes drugs by sales in 2014.
- Table 1.4 Selected diabetes drugs in late stage development.
- Table 3.1 Top M&A diabetes deals by value from 2009 to 2014.
- Table 4.1 Top diabetes partnering deals by deal value and upfront payments since 2009.
- Table 4.2 Royalty rate disclosing deals in diabetes since 2009.
- Table 5.1 Partnering deals for oral insulins since 2009.
- Table 6.1 Recent emerging market joint venture deals in diabetes since 2009.
- Table 7.1 Early-stage partnering deals in diabetes by big pharma since 2009.
- Table 7.2 Recent big pharma and academic collaborations in diabetes.
- Figure 1.1 Total sales in diabetes of the top 15 companies (2010-2014).
- Figure 1.2 Sales of the top 15 diabetes products (2010-2014).
- Figure 2.1 Deal intensity of major indications from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 2.2 Total number of diabetes deals compared with total number of all deals.
- Figure 2.3 Total numbers of type 1 and type 2 deals.
- Figure 3.1 Number of M&A deals in diabetes compared with numbers of all M&A deals from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 3.2 Number of M&A deals in diabetes compared with M&A deals numbers in other indications.
- Figure 3.3 Total deal value and mean total deal values of M&A deals in diabetes.
- Figure 4.1 Numbers of partnering deals in diabetes from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 4.2 Diabetes partnering deals compared with other indications.
- Figure 4.3 Total diabetes deals by product type (2009-2014).
- Figure 4.4 Diabetes partnering deals by product type.
- Figure 4.5 Academic partnering deals by product type from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 4.6 Diabetes partnering deals by development stage.
- Figure 4.7 Aggregate total and mean total deal values of diabetes partnering deals.
- Figure 4.8 Aggregate total and mean upfront values of diabetes partnering deals.
- Figure 4.9 Number of type 1 and type 2 partnering deals.
- Figure 4.10 Type 1 diabetes partnering deals as a percentage of all diabetes partnering deals.
- Figure 4.11 Type 1 diabetes partnering deals by product type.
- Figure 5.1 Total number of all drug delivery partnering deals and insulin-specific drug delivery deals in diabetes from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 5.2 Total drug delivery technology of all diabetes deals by stage of development from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 6.1 Total number of joint venture deals in diabetes from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 6.2 Joint venture deals in all leading indications.
- Figure 7.1 Big pharma partnering deals in diabetes from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 7.2 Total numbers of diabetes deals by big pharma companies from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 7.3 Total number of deals versus the total sales in diabetes by big pharma from 2010 to 2014.
- Figure 7.4 Big pharma diabetes partnering deals by product type.
- Figure 7.5 Total big pharma diabetes partnering deals by product type from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 7.6 Number of diabetes drugs in development by big pharma from 2009 to 2014.
- Figure 7.7 Big pharma diabetes partnering deals by development stage.