Protein Electrophoresis and Western Analysis Life Science Dashboard™ Series 3 (NA & EU)
Protein electrophoresis is a commonly used technique to separate proteins, and is often followed by in-gel staining and/or western analysis to detect the proteins of interest. With a wide variety of applications in proteomics, ranging from protein characterization to protein quantification and applications in other areas such as clinical diagnostics and verification of in vivo and in vitro protein expression, protein electrophoresis and western analysis products are widely used by scientists in academia and industry. Protein electrophoresis and western analysis products represent key opportunities in the life sciences industry as life science suppliers continue improving products and services in this market.
In order to dive more deeply into the characteristics and dynamics of the market for protein electrophoresis and western analysis, Percepta introduced the Protein Electrophoresis and Western Analysis Dashboard™ (PEW) in January 2012, designed to take a snapshot of the market landscape with the future goal of repeating and publishing the study to give Dashboard readers the ongoing story of how the market is adapting to new products, new competitors and sales and marketing strategies.
Percepta published series two of the Protein Electrophoresis and Western Analysis Dashboard™ in December 2013.
The 2016 Protein Electrophoresis and Western Analysis Dashboard™ was developed from responses to a 44-question survey completed by 495 scientists located in North America and Europe. This Dashboard reveals key market indicators for the protein electrophoresis and western analysis market as a whole as well as for the following techniques representing market sub-segments:
- Protein capillary electrophoresis systems
- Precast protein electrophoresis gels
- Reagents for pour your own protein electrophoresis gels
- Protein standards
- Protein stains
- Western blotting membranes
- Western detection reagents
Certain market information (share of mentions) is also included on the following electrophoresis apparatus segments:
- Protein electrophoresis apparatus
- Western transfer device
- Electrophoresis power supplies
This report is focused on the use of protein electrophoresis and western analysis products in life science research market.
The following suppliers were surveyed for this report:
Caliper Life Sciences
Cell Biosciences/Protein Simple
New England Biolabs (NEB)
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
Sigma Aldrich/EMD Millipore/Merck
Thermo Fisher Scientific/Fermentas/Pierce/Life Technologies/Invitrogen/Owl/Molecular Probes
the online download version is a global site license version of the report.
- Executive Summary
- Dashboard “At A Glance”
- Market Opportunity Matrix
- Respondent Qualification
- Frequency of Performance: Life Science Techniques
- Frequency of Use: Protein Electrophoresis and Western Analysis Products
- Co-Performance: Protein Electrophoresis and Western Analysis Products & Life Science Techniques
- Respondent Preferences: Detection Methods and Systems
- Throughput, Growth Rates, Price & Monthly Spend
- Market Size
- Percentage of Spend with Suppliers of Key Product Segments & Primary and Secondary Suppliers of Other Product Categories
- Purchase Decision Factors for Precast Gels and Transfer Units: Product Features
- Customer Satisfaction & Interest in Switching
- Primary and Secondary Experimental Objectives
- Bottlenecks in Protein Electrophoresis and Western Analysis Workflow and Desired Product Changes
- Appendix I: Supporting Data
- Appendix II: Percepta Capabilities and Life Science DashboardsTM Available