South Korea Gift Card and Incentive Card Market Intelligence and Future Growth Dynamics (Databook) - Market Size and Forecast (2016-2025); Spend Analysis by Digital / e-Gift Card, Retail and Corporate Consumers, Top Retailers, Distribution Channel, Occasions, Retail Sectors, Function (Open Loop, Closed Loop), City Type, and Demographics – Jan 2021 Update
Gift card market in 2020 was driven a wide range of factors, which supported growth across retail and corporate segments. The primary factors included growth of ecommerce, increased adoption to incentivize employees working remotely, digital gifting, and initiatives undertaken by government, hospitality, and travel industries to revive growth. Though the gift card market was impacted due to COVID-19, the market is expected to bounce back in the coming quarters, especially in H1 2021.
Gift card industry in South Korea has done well to withstand the impact of economic slowdown along with negative business and consumer sentiment due to disruption caused by Covid-19 outbreak.
Historically, the gift card market in South Korea has recorded a steady growth with a CAGR of 12.3% during 2016-2020. According to PayNXT360’s Q4 2020 Global Gift Card Survey, gift card industry in the country is expected to grow by 11.7% on annual basis to reach US$ 5379.3 million in 2021.
Despite near-term challenges in 2021, medium to long term growth story of gift cards in South Korea remains strong. The gift card industry in South Korea is expected to grow steadily in H1 2021 and record a strong growth in H2 2021. The growth momentum is expected to continue to grow over the forecast period, recording a CAGR of 8.8% during 2021-2025. The gift card market in the country will increase from US$ 4814.4 million in 2020 to reach US$ 7548.7 million by 2025.
This report from PayNXT360 provides a detailed data centric analysis of gift cards and corporate incentive cards market along with consumer behaviour and retail spend dynamics in South Korea. With over 200 KPIs at country level, this report provides comprehensive understanding of gift and incentive card market dynamics.
The report includes raw data along with structured dashboards, charts, and tables in an interactive Excel format.
Below is a summary of country level trend analyses covered across gift card segments:
• Total gift market: This report provides detailed view of overall spend on gifts, broken down by retail and consumer segments. For both retail and consumer segments, this report provides a breakdown of spend on gifts by product categories (13 segments) and retail sectors (7 segments).
• Gift cards: Drawing from proprietary survey results, this report provides in-depth analysis of opportunities in both open loop and closed loop prepaid gift card categories. Assesses consumer behaviour by type of consumer (retail and corporate – SMB, Mid-Tier, Large Enterprise), gifting occasion, digital gift card (e-gift card), and market share by retail sectors.
• Details six essential KPIs: number of cards in circulation, load value, unused value, average purchase value, average value per transaction, and value of transactions.
• Corporate incentive & loyalty cards: This report provides detailed market dynamics of corporate incentive cards, broadly segmented in three categories – consumer incentive card, employee incentive card, and sales / partner incentive card. It details market size and forecast at category level, by functional attribute (open loop and closed loop), and by corporate consumer segments (small scale business, mid-size business, and enterprise business).
• Digital gift card (e-gift card) analysis: Provides market size and forecast for digital gift cards, broken down by retail and corporate buyers. It also includes gift card spend by occasion (retail – festivals & special celebration days, milestone celebration, self-use, other; Corporate incentive cards –consumer incentive card, employee incentive card, and sales / partner incentive card). The report also includes digital gift card adoption by company size.
• Open loop and closed loop: Provides market estimates and forecasts to assess opportunities in open loop and closed loop gift and incentive card segments across consumer segments.
• Consumer attitude and behaviour: Drawing from proprietary survey results, this report identifies and interprets key KPIs related to gift card dynamics including spend by age, gender, and income level.
• Retail spend: Breaks down retail spend across retail sectors (7 segments) to provide detailed insights on consumer behaviour and changing dynamics of gift card spend.
• Market share by retailer: Provides market share of closed loop gift cards by key retailers in South Korea.
• Distribution channel analysis: Provides market share by distribution channel – online vs offline sales and 1st party vs 3rd party sales (sales through outlet of other retailers).
Total Spend on Gifts in South Korea
• By Consumer Segment (Retail and Corporate)
• By Product Categories (13 Segments)
• By Retail Sectors (7 Segments)
Gift Card Market Size by KPIs across Consumer Segments in South Korea
• Gross Load Value
• Transaction Value
• Unused Value
• Average Value Per Transaction
• Transaction Volume
• Average Value of Card Purchased
• Number of Cards
Gift Card Market Size by Consumer Segment in South Korea
• Retail Consumer
• Corporate Consumer (Small Scale, Mid-Tier, Large Enterprise)
Digital Gift Card Market Size in South Korea
• By Retail Consumer
• By Retail Purchase Occasion
• By Corporate Consumer
• By Corporate Purchase Occasion
• By Company Size
Gift Card Market Size by Retail Consumer in South Korea
• By Functional Attribute
• By Occasion
1. Festivals & Special Celebration Days
2. Milestone Celebration
• Value by Purchase Channel
Gift Card Spend by Consumer Behavior and Demographics in South Korea
• Consumer Purchase Behaviour
• Gift Card Buyer by Age Group
• Gift Card Buyer by Income Level
• Gift Card Buyer by Gender
Gift Card Market Size by Corporate Consumer in South Korea
• By Functional Attribute
• By Occasion
1. Employee Incentive
2. Sales Incentive
3. Consumer Incentive
• By Scale of Business
• Budget Allocation Trend for 2021
Gift Spend by Product Categories (Split by Retail and Corporate Consumers) in South Korea
• Food & Beverage
• Health, Wellness & Beauty
• Apparel, Footwear & Accessories
• Books & Media Products
• Consumer Electronics
• Restaurants & Bars
• Toys, Kids, and Babies
• Sporting Goods
• Home & Kitchen Accessories & Appliances
• Entertainment & Gaming
Gift Card Spend by Retail Sector (Split by Retail and Corporate Consumers) in South Korea
• Ecommerce & Department Stores
• Restaurants & Bars
• Supermarket, Hypermarket, Convenience Store
• Entertainment & Gaming
• Specialty Stores
• Health & Wellness
Gift Card Spend by Distribution Channel (Split by Retail and Corporate Consumers) in South Korea
• Gift Card Online Sales
• Gift Card Offline Sales
• 1st Party Sales
• 3rd Party Sales
• Sales Uplift
Closed Loop Gift Card Market Share by Key Retailers. Key Retailers Covered Include:
Shinsegae Co Ltd
Hyundai Department Store Co Ltd
GS Holdings Corp
SK Planet Co Ltd
BGF Retail Co Ltd
Costco Wholesale Corp
Reasons to Buy
• In-depth understanding of gift card and incentive card market dynamics: Understand market opportunity, key trends and drivers along with five-year forecast (2016-2025) for gift cards and incentive cards in South Korea.
• Develop market specific strategies: Identify growth segments and target specific opportunities across consumer segments and occasions to formulate your gift cards strategy; assess market specific key trends and risks.
• Get insights into consumer attitude and behaviour in South Korea: Understand changing consumer attitude and behaviour and boost ROI. Get detailed insights into retail spend through gift cards for both retail and corporate consumers.
• Get complete perspective through six essential KPIs: number of cards in circulation, load value, unused value, average purchase value, average value per transaction, and value of transactions.
• Distribution channel insights: Understand gift cards sales dynamics by channels – online vs offline and by 1st party vs 3rd party sales.
Please Note: This product is delivered as a excel file.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook