Uzbekistan - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
Uzbekistan's fixed broadband markets sees stellar growth
For many years Uzbekistan has been struggling to bring its telecommunications system up to the standard found in developed countries. Over the last two decades the situation has been gradually transforming, due largely to a government decision to give national priority to the Information & Communications Technologies (ICT) sector.
The fixed line market in Uzbekistan remains underdeveloped. A major reason for this is due to the dominance of the mobile segment. There was very strong growth during the 2014 to 2017 time-period. The market is predicted to grow moderately to strongly over the next five years to 2022.
The penetration of Internet users in Uzbekistan remains low compared to other developed Asian nations however has grown very strongly over the past five years driven by strong growth in mobile broadband. Moderate to strong growth is predicted over the next five years as the penetration of mobile broadband is predicted to continue to increase.
The internet access remains limited for the majority of the country's population, more than 60% of whom lived in rural areas. The highly competitive nature of the ISP market had resulted in a fall in access prices and the provision of flexible packages.
Fixed broadband penetration in Uzbekistan remains low mainly due to a limited number of fixed lines and the dominance of the mobile platform. The government has long recognised that the internet remains a critical factor in the social and economic development of the country although the level of fixed broadband subscriptions has not matched the increasing internet usage levels in the country. However the market has grown exceptionally strongly over the past five years. Over the next five years to 2022 strong growth is expected to continue driven by rising fixed line penetration.
Uzbekistan's mobile market is relatively underdeveloped on international comparison and has experienced slow to moderate growth over the last five years. Moderate growth is predicted over the next five years to 2022. The market will be constrained from higher growth due to strong local competition and a maturing market.
Beeline first launched 4G LTE services in the capital.
Fixed broadband penetration in Uzbekistan remains low. Over the next five years to 2022 strong growth is expected to continue driven by rising fixed line penetration.
Uzbekistan's mobile market is relatively underdeveloped and has experienced slow to moderate growth over the last five years.
Moderate growth is predicted over the next five years to 2022 for the mobile subscriber market.
Uzbekistan has seen a very rapid increase in mobile broadband penetration over the past five years.
Companies mentioned in this report:
Uzbektelecom, Uzmobile, Buzton, Buztel, East Telecom, Uzdunrobita, MTS-Uzbekistan, Universal Mobile Systems (UMS), Beeline (Unitel), UCell (Coscom), Vimpelcom, TeliaSonera, Perfectum Mobile.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- KEY STATISTICS
- Table Country statistics Uzbekistan - 2017 (e)
- Table Telephone network statistics - 2017 (e)
- Table Internet user statistics - 2017 (e)
- Table Broadband statistics - 2017 (e)
- Table Mobile statistics - 2017 (e)
- Table National telecommunications authority
- COUNTRY OVERVIEW
- Table Uzbekistan's GDP real growth rate - 2006 - 2017
- WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION (WTO)
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS MARKET
- MARKET OVERVIEW AND ANALYSIS
- Table Percentage of Population Covered by Type of Mobile Network
- Table Key Metrics - Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) - 2017 - 2022
- REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT
- HISTORICAL OVERVIEW
- REGULATORY AUTHORITY
- STATE COMMITTEE FOR COMMUNICATIONS, INFORMATION AND TELECOMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (CCITT)
- MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND COMMUNICATIONS (MDITC)
- Table Number of licensed operators by service - 2016
- BROADBAND STRATEGY
- FIXED NETWORK OPERATORS IN UZBEKISTAN
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE
- FIXED LINE STATISTICS AND MARKET FORECAST
- Table Fixed Line Subscriptions and Penetration (with Forecast) - 2007 - 2022
- Table Historic - Fixed-line subscribers and Penetration- 1991 - 2011
- FIBRE OPTIC CABLES
- INTERNATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE
- FIXED BROADBAND MARKET
- CONTROL OF THE INTERNET
- INTERNET STATISTICS AND MARKET FORECAST
- Table Internet Users and Penetration (with Forecast) - 2007 - 2022
- Table Historic - Internet users and Penetration - 1999 - 2011
- BROADBAND STATISTICS AND MARKET FORECAST
- Table Fixed Broadband Subscribers (with Forecast) - 2007 - 2022
- Table Historic - Fixed broadband subscribers and Penetration- 2003 - 2011
- Table International internet bandwidth - 2001 - 2017
- Table Historic - DSL broadband subscribers - 2003 - 2016
- Table Historic - FTTH broadband subscribers - 2010 - 2016
- ISPS/FIXED BROADBAND OPERATORS
- Table Historic - Unitel fixed broadband subscribers - 2011 - 2015
- Table Historic - Unitel's fixed broadband ARPU - 2011 - 2015
- OTHER FIXED BROADBAND SERVICES
- Table Historic - VoIP subscribers - 2012 - 2015
- MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS
- MOBILE STATISTICS AND MARKET FORECAST
- Table Mobile Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) - 2007 - 2022
- Table Historic - Mobile subscribers, annual change and penetration - 1995 - 2011
- MOBILE BROADBAND AND MARKET FORECAST
- Table Mobile Broadband Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) - 2009 - 2022
- MOBILE DATA SERVICES
- MAJOR MOBILE OPERATORS
- OPERATOR STATISTICS
- Table Mobile operators and systems
- Table Mobile operators - Subscribers and Market Share - 2017
- Table Mobile operators - Subscribers and Market Share - 2016
- UNIVERSAL MOBILE SYSTEMS (UMS)
- Table UMS mobile subscribers - 2014 - 2017
- BEELINE UZBEKISTAN
- Table Beeline mobile subscribers - 1998 - 2017
- Table Unitel (Beeline) mobile ARPU - 2006 - 2016
- Table Historic - Unitel (Beeline) mobile revenue by market segment - 2012 - 2015
- Table Historic - Unitel (Beeline) - total capex - 2012 - 2015
- Table UCell (Coscom) mobile subscribers and market share - 2006 - 2017
- OTHER MOBILE OPERATORS
- Historic - MTS (Uzdunrobita)
- Table Historic - MTS (Uzdunrobita) mobile subscribers - 1998 - 2012
- Perfectum Mobile
- DIGITAL ECONOMY
- RELATED REPORTS