Singapore - Fixed Broadband Market - Statistics and Analyses
Singapore has earned the title of the intelligent island' after years of hard work, achieving high world rankings in most categories of technical advancement. The government's vision for this began with its Singapore One' project, in what was the world's first nationwide broadband network.
The government launched its Next Generation National Broadband Network (NGNBN) over a decade ago and the rollout is now essentially complete. It based on a combination of fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) and wireless networks. The NGNBN has continued to form the basis of the government's strategy broadband strategy and implementation.
Singtel completed the migration of its cable to fibre-based networks for consumers in 2018. StarHub plan to shut off its cable services by 2019.
Apart from the excellent infrastructure available to support broadband services, the administration and the operators have put a major effort into expanding these services and increasing the ease of access. One such initiative being the Next Generation National Infocomm Infrastructure and the related Next Generation National Broadband Network.
Slow growth in the fixed broadband market is predicted over the next five years in a mature and saturated market. Optical fibre broadband also has seen strong growth as customers migrate to the NGNBN's fibre network. xDSL on the other hand has seen a decrease in usage and cable modem broadband also has been experiencing declining subscriber numbers.
Fibre broadband will continue to be the fastest growing fixed broadband segment.
Both DSL and cable modem will continue to experience declining subscriber numbers.
Data and analytics will play a critical role in Singapores Smart Nation initiative.
Key Companies mentioned in this report:
- Introduction and statistical overview
- MARKET OVERVIEW AND ANALYSIS
- NEXT GENERATION NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK (NGNBN)
- BROADBAND STATISTICS AND FORECAST
- Table Fixed Broadband Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) – 2008 - 2024
- Table Fixed Broadband Subscribers – By Access Type – 2008 – 2018
- Table Total Broadband subscribers (Fixed and Wireless) and Annual Growth– 2008 – 2018
- Table Historic - Total Broadband subscribers (Fixed and Wireless) and Annual Growth– 1999 – 2011
- Table Historic - Total Broadband Subscribers – Fixed vs Wireless – 2013 – 2017
- Table Historic - Total Broadband Subscribers – Fixed vs Wireless, market share – 2013 - 2017
- Table Historic - Total Broadband Subscribers by Access Type – 2013 – 2017
- Table Historic - Total Broadband Market Share by Access Type – 2013 – 2017
- Table Internet Users and Penetration – 2007 – 2019
- Table Total international internet bandwidth – 2006 – 2018
- Fixed Broadband Service Providers
- Table Fixed broadband service providers and market share – 2018
- SINGAPORE TELECOM (SINGTEL)
- Table SingTel - fixed broadband subscribers – 2008 - 2019
- Table Historic - SingTel - fixed broadband subscribers – 2005 - 2010
- Table SingTel's fibre-based broadband subscribers – 2011 – 2018
- Table StarHub's fixed broadband subscribers – 2003 – 2018
- Table StarHub – ARPU for broadband services – 2006 – 2018
- MOBILEONE (M1)
- Table Mobile One – Fixed (broadband fibre) subscribers – 2012 - 2018
- Table Mobile One – ARPU - fixed (broadband fibre) services – 2012 – 2018
- Fixed Line Broadband Technologies
- HYBRID FIBRE COAX (HFC) NETWORKS / CABLE MODEMS
- Table Cable modem subscribers – 2009 – 2019
- Table Cable modem subscribers – 2000 – 2011
- DIGITAL SUBSCRIBER LINE (DSL) NETWORKS
- Table DSL subscribers – 2009 – 2019
- Table Historic - DSL subscribers – 2000 – 2011
- FIBRE-TO-THE-PREMISES (FTTP) AND FIBRE-TO-THEHOME (FTTH)
- Table Total optical fibre broadband subscribers – 2011 - 2019
- Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON)
- FIXED WIRELESS (WIFI AND WIMAX)
- The Wireless@SG initiative
- WiFi Trials
- VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL (VOIP)
- Digital economy
- Digital media
- VIDEOSTREAMING / IPTV
- Table SingTel's pay TV subscribers (millions)– 2007 – 2018
- Table StarHub pay TV subscribers – 2010 – 2018
- Table StarHub pay TV ARPU – 2003 - 2018
- Related reports