Azerbaijan - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
After the oil sector, the telecommunications industry is the largest sector in Azerbaijan, and a major contributor to the country's economy.
Fixed-line broadband market penetration has grown slightly over the last five years. Over the next five years to 2023 growth is expected to continue to grow slightly.
In 2018 AzQtel (SAZZ) launched commercial services on its new TD-LTE broadband network.
Mobile subscriber growth has been down slightly in the Azerbaijan mobile market over the past five years. AzQtel (SAZZ) announced it will build the country's first Pre-5G' network operating on the TD-LTE standard. Mobile subscriber growth is expected to grow slowly over the next five years to 2023.
Mobile broadband subscribers have grown very rapidly over the past five years supported by widespread rollouts of 4G infrastructure and the release of a growing range of mobile broadband packages by the major mobile operators.
Moderate growth is predicted over the next five years to 2023. The mobile broadband market will be driven by increasingly faster speeds offered by the mobile operators as they roll out their 4G and 5G networks and falling prices due to growing competition.
AzQtel (SAZZ) launched commercial services on its new TD-LTE broadband network.
Azerbaijan is ranked 13th out of 34 with a Telecoms Maturity Index score of 46.
Fixed-line broadband market penetration has grown moderately over the last five years.
AzQtel will build the countrys first Pre-5G network operating on the TD-LTE standard.
Companies mentioned in this report:
Aztelekom; AzQtel (SAZZ); AzEuroTel; Azercell; Bakcell; Azerfon; Catel; BakTelekom (BTRIB); Eurasiacom; Fintur; Vimpelcom (Beeline);
- Executive summary
- Key statistics
- Table Country Statistics, Major Operators and Telco Authorities – 2018 (e)
- Table Top Level Country Statistics – 2018 (e)
- Country overview
- Telecommunications market
- MARKET OVERVIEW AND ANALYSIS
- REGIONAL MARKET COMPARISON
- Regulatory environment
- MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND HIGH TECHNOLOGY (MCHT)
- PROPOSED TELECOM REGULATOR
- MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY (MNP)
- FIXED NUMBER PORTABILITY (FNP)
- Fixed Network Operators
- BAKTELEKOM (ALSO KNOWN AS BTRIB)
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- FIXED-LINE STATISTICS
- Table Fixed Line Subscriptions and Penetration – 2007 – 2018
- Table Historic - Fixed lines in service, annual growth and penetration – 1995 – 2006
- NEXT GENERATION NETWORK (NGN)
- OPTICAL FIBRE NETWORK
- NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK
- INTERNATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE
- Azerbaijan's satellites
- Trans-Asia-Europe (TAE) cable network
- Europe Persia Express Gateway (EPEG)
- Fixed-line broadband market
- FIXED BROADBAND STATISTICS AND FORECASTS
- Table Fixed Broadband Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) – 2007 - 2023
- Table Internet Users and Penetration – 2007 – 2018
- Table Historic - DSL broadband subscribers – 2005 – 2015
- Table Historic- Internet users and penetration – 1995 – 2006
- Table Internet bandwidth capacity – 2001 – 2018
- BROADBAND INFRASTRUCTURE
- INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP) MARKET
- Ulduz Telekom
- Nar CityNet
- Delta Telecom
- Mobile Communications
- MOBILE STATISTICS AND FORECASTS
- Table Mobile Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) – 2007 - 2023
- Table Historic - Mobile subscribers, annual growth and penetration – 1994 – 2006
- MOBILE BROADBAND STATISTICS AND FORECAST
- Table Mobile Broadband Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) – 2009 – 2023
- MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES
- Trunk Mobile Radio (TMR)
- Third Generation (3G) services
- Fourth Generation (4G) / Long Term Evolution (LTE)
- Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE)
- MAJOR MOBILE OPERATORS
- Operator Statistics
- Table Mobile operators and systems
- Table Mobile operators – Subscribers and market share – 2018
- Table Azercell mobile subscribers – 2003 – 2018
- Table Bakcell mobile subscribers – 2002; 2005 – 2006; 2010 – 2018
- Azerfon (Nar Mobile)
- Table Azerfon mobile subscribers – 2007 – 2018
- Delta Telecom
- Digital economy
- Related reports