Armenia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
Mobile market in Armenia undergoes major modernisation program
The Armenian telecom market continues to attempt to put an effective national telecommunications service in place. Armenia's telecom sector was slow to capitalise on the country's steadily improving economic conditions, however by 2018 there had been considerable improvement in both the economy and the country's telecom market.
The number of fixed lines Armenia peaked in 2008 and since then has steadily fallen, driven by strong growth in the mobile broadband segment. This trend is predicted to continue over the next five years to 2023.
Fixed-line broadband market penetration has grown moderately over the last five years, with penetration increasing from a very small base. Over the next five years to 2023 growth is expected to continue to grow moderately.
Growth has been relatively flat in the mobile market over the past five years. Mobile subscriber growth is expected to remain fairly flat over the next five years to 2023.
Beeline Armenia has completed the large-scale mobile network modernisation program. The wide-scale project includes the upgrade of existing infrastructure, to decommission outdated analogue equipment, and the deployment of new optical fibre networks.
Mobile broadband subscribers have grown very strongly over the past five years. Strong growth is predicted over the next five years to 2023. The mobile broadband market will be driven by increasingly faster speeds offered by the mobile operators as they roll out their 4G networks and falling prices due to growing competition.
The Armenian government stated that Nokia could be the company selected to participate in a project designed to ensure the country can roll out a nationwide 5G network.
The fixed broadband has grown strongly over past decade from a small base but still remains low by international comparisons.
Beeline Armenia introduced its new colocation service to corporate subscribers.
Growth has been relatively flat in the mobile market over the past five years.
Strong growth is predicted over the next five years to 2023 in the mobile broadband market.
The mobile broadband market will be driven by increasingly faster speeds offered by the mobile operators.
Companies mentioned in this repor
tArmenTel, VEON ArmenTel (Beeline), Orange, Orange Armenia, Ucom, VivaCell-MTS, MTS, Sistema, VimpelCom.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- KEY STATISTICS
- Table Country Statistics, Major Operators and Telco Authorities - 2018 (e)
- Table Top Level Country Statistics - 2018 (e)
- COUNTRY OVERVIEW
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS MARKET
- MARKET OVERVIEW AND ANALYSIS
- HISTORICAL OVERVIEW
- REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT
- HISTORICAL OVERVIEW
- REGULATORY AUTHORITY
- FIXED NETWORKS
- MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY (MNP)
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE
- NATIONAL TELECOM NETWORK - BACKGROUND
- FIXED-LINE STATISTICS
- Table Historic - Fixed Line Subscriptions and Penetration - 1991 - 2006
- Table Fixed Line Subscriptions and Penetration - 2007 - 2018
- INTERNATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE
- FIXED-NETWORK OPERATORS IN ARMENIA
- BEELINE ARMENIA
- FIXED-LINE BROADBAND MARKET
- FIXED-LINE BROADBAND STATISTICS AND FORECASTS
- Table Fixed Broadband Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) - 2008 - 2023
- Table Internet Users and Penetration - 2007 - 2017
- Table Historic - Internet users - 1994; 2000 - 2007
- Table Historic - Fixed broadband subscribers - 2003 - 2007
- Table International internet bandwidth - 2001 - 2018
- Table Lit/Equipped International Bandwidth Capacity - 2013 - 2018
- FIXED-LINE BROADBAND TECHNOLOGIES
- Digital Subscriber Line (DSL)
- Table Historic - DSL subscribers - 2010 - 2016
- Fibre to the Premises (FttP)
- Table Historic - Fibre to the Premises (FttP) subscribers - 2010 - 2016
- Fixed wireless broadband
- NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK (NBN)
- FIXED BROADBAND SERVICE PROVIDERS
- ArmenTel (Beeline)
- Table Historic - ArmenTel (Beeline) fixed broadband subscribers - 2009 - 2016
- Table Historic - ArmenTel (Beeline) fixed broadband ARPU - 2011 - 2015
- Table Historic - Ucom - broadband subscribers - 2012 - 2015
- Armenian Datacom Company (ADC)
- MOBILE MARKET
- Table Percentage of Population Covered by Type of Mobile Network
- MOBILE STATISTICS AND FORECASTS
- Table Mobile Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) - 2008 - 2023
- Table Historic - Mobile subscribers - 1996 - 2006
- MOBILE BROADBAND STATISTICS AND FORECASTS
- Table Mobile Broadband Subscribers and Penetration (with Forecast) - 2009 - 2023
- MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE
- MAJOR MOBILE OPERATORS
- OPERATOR STATISTICS
- Table Mobile operators and systems
- Table Mobile operators - subscribers and market share - 2018
- ARMENTEL (BEELINE)
- Table ArmenTel (Beeline) mobile subscribers - 2007 - 2018
- Table Historic - ArmenTel (Beeline) mobile broadband subscribers - 2011 - 2015
- MTS ARMENIA (VIVACELL-MTS)
- Table VivaCell-MTS mobile subscribers - 2007 - 2018
- U!COM (FORMERLY ORANGE ARMENIA)
- Table U!Com (Orange Armenia) - mobile subscribers - 2009 - 2018
- Table Historic - UCOM (Orange Armenia) - mobile broadband subscribers - 2009 - 2015
- DIGITAL ECONOMY
- DIGITAL MEDIA
- Table Historic - Key broadcasting statistics - 2015
- Table Historic - VoIP subscribers - 2011 - 2014
- DIGITAL TV
- RELATED REPORTS