Consumer Insights: Natural & Organic Personal Care Products in the UK
This Consumer Insights report examines consumer behaviour towards natural & organic personal care products in the UK. This report has been prepared by conducting personal interviews with customers to get insights into their attitudes, preferences and expectations of natural & organic personal care products. The report provides detailed insights into consumer behaviour as well as marketing recommendations to new entrants, producers and retailers.
Key Questions Answered:
This Consumer Insights report provides answers to the following questions…
What are the reasons for consumers to purchase natural & organic personal care products?
What influence do ecological, health and ethical factors have on consumers?
What natural & organic personal care products do they actually buy?
Where do they shop for such products?
What are the triggers for consumers to turn to natural & organic products?
How aware are consumers of potentially harmful synthetic chemicals?
What synthetic ingredients do consumers look to avoid?
What does the 'organic' term mean to typical buyers?
How important is certification (symbols and logos) to buyers?
How much more are consumers are willing to pay for certified products?
What standards do consumers associate with certified natural & organic products?
What are the brand perceptions in the major product categories: facial care, body care, hair care, cosmetics, etc.?
What natural & organic personal care brands do they often buy?
Where do consumers get information about natural & organic products?
How much has buyer behaviour changed since 2007?
What is the profile of the typical buyer? What are their socio-demographics?
How You Will Benefit From This Report
Since this report provides detailed consumer insights into natural & organic personal care products, it is an invaluable resource to executives / organisations looking to make marketing decisions.
This report is an important tool to companies in the natural & organic personal care products market, as well as those looking to enter this emerging market. It provides detailed insights into consumer attitudes, expectations and motives towards these products. The report gives a thorough understanding of consumer behaviour, enabling companies & retailers to develop marketing programmes, distribution strategies and position products.
- Executive Summary
- Research Approach
- Research Objectives
- Research Methodology
- Project Scope and Timing
- Sample Size
- Limitations of Study
- Attitudes Towards Natural Personal Care Products
- Reasons for Buying
- Triggers for Buying Natural Personal Care Products
- Value of Organic Personal Care Products
- Buying Behaviour
- Snapshot of Purchases
- Brands Bought
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Leaders by Product Category
- I. Facial Skincare
- II. Body Care
- III. Hair Care
- IV. Oral Care
- V. Cosmetics
- Purchasing Changes
- Attitudes Towards Synthetic Ingredients in Personal Care Products
- Avoidance of Synthetic Chemicals
- Awareness of Synthetic Chemicals
- Attitudes Towards Certification
- Importance of Symbols and Logos
- Awareness of Certification Bodies
- Price Premium for Certification
- Shopping Channels
- Information Sources
- Prime Information Source
- Consumer Profile
- Marketing Recommendations
- Product Categories
- Product Labelling
- Product Packaging
- Education & Training
- Marketing NPCP: Communication Channels
- Public Relations
- Suggestions for Further Work
- List of Figures
- 1 Reasons for Buying Natural Personal Care Products
- 2 Triggers for Buying Natural Personal Care Products
- 3 Triggers for Buying Natural Personal Care Products, Breakdown by Socio-Demographics
- 4 Value of Organic Personal Care Products
- 5 Type of Products Bought by Socio-Demographics
- 6 Brands Bought by Share of Product Category
- 7 Brand Recall by Product Category
- 8 Purchasing Changes by Socio-Demographics
- 9 Brands Bought by Most Avid Purchasers of Natural Personal Care Products
- 10 Organic Food Purchasing Changes by Socio-Demographics
- 11 Importance of Avoiding Synthetic Ingredients When Buying Personal Care Products,
- Comparison Between 2007 and 2014
- 12 Importance of Avoiding Synthetic Ingredients When Buying Personal Care Products
- by Socio-Demographics
- 13 List of Specific Chemicals Avoided by Consumers, Comparison Between 2007 and 2014
- 14 List of Specific Chemicals Avoided by Socio-Demographics
- 15 Do You Look for Symbols and Logos, Comparison Between 2007 and 2014
- 16 Do You Look for Symbols and Logos by Socio-Demographics
- 17 Consumers’ Willingness to Pay a Premium For Certified NPCP, Comparison Between
- 2007 and 2014
- 18 Consumers’ Willingness to Pay a Premium For Certified NPCP by Socio-Demographics
- 19 Sales Channels for Natural Personal Care Products, Comparison Between 2007 and 2014
- 20 Sales Channels for Natural Personal Care Products by Socio-Demographics
- 21 Prime Sources of information by Socio-Demographics
- 22 Profile of Natural Personal Care Product Buyers
- List of Charts
- 1 Reasons For Buying Natural Personal Care Products
- 2 Share of Purchases by Product Category
- 3 Leading Natural Facial Skin Care Brands
- 4 Leading Natural Body Skin Care Brands
- 5 Leading Natural Hair Care Brands
- 6 Leading Natural Oral Care Brands
- 7 Leading Natural Cosmetic Brands
- 8 Most Popular Symbols & Logos
- 9 Prime Sources of Information on NPCP