Proanthocyanidins Market Size By Source (Grape Seed Extract, Cranberry Extract, Pine Bark Extract), By Type (Type A, Type B), By Application (Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Dietary Supplements, Food & Beverage), Industry Outlook Report, Regional Analysis, Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2019 - 2026
Proanthocyanidins Market is expected to exceed USD 12 billion by 2026. The rising preference for preventive healthcare and the growing elderly population have increased the requirement for dietary supplements and fortified food products, which is driving the market.
Some major findings of the proanthocyanidins market report include:
- The demand for cranberry proanthocyanidins is increasing globally for benefits such as versatility, anti-cancer properties, and effectiveness against urinary tract infections
- The growing demand for nutritious food products in Asia Pacific market along with increasing consumer awareness of health benefits of proanthocyanidins is driving the market growth
- The rising demand for dietary supplements market in Latin American countries including Brazil and Argentina to treat nutritional deficiency is expected to boost industry growth
- Indena, NOW Foods, Naturex, Nexira, Swanson, and Activ’Inside are among the major players operating in the global proanthocyanidins market
- Companies are offering innovative products with high condensed tannin content and a clean production process to gain a competitive edge over their rivals which is likely to increase market share
Consumers increasingly prefer food products based on natural ingredients and exhibit the rising awareness regarding nutritional & health benefits of proanthocyanidins which should create various opportunities for the market growth. The growing preference for dietary interventions to reduce the prevalence of lifestyle-induced diseases, such as heart disorders and diabetes, is the primary contributing factor for proanthocyanidins market growth.
The high molecular weight and polymeric or oligomeric structure of procyanidins reduce their rate of absorption in the gut, which inhibits their health benefits. Proanthocyanidins exhibit low stability to light & heat and have an undesirable bitter flavor, which create challenges for their adoption in the food industry. The potential of certain procyanidins raw materials, such as peanut skin to trigger allergic reactions in susceptible individuals, limits the proanthocyanidins industry expansion.
Pine bark proanthocyanidins improve long-term brain health and mental clarity by enhancing blood flow to the brain and brain regeneration. They help treat hemorrhoids, varicose veins, and associated leg pain & swelling. Pine bark extracts strengthen and protect skin elastin & collagen, slowing the aging process. In March 2017, skincare firm Bremenn Botanicals launched an antiaging neck cream based on pine bark extract and black tea, which tightens sagging skin to maintain a youthful appearance. This product launch expands the product portfolio and enables the company to satisfy the rising demand for anti-wrinkle creams, thus creating opportunities for the market growth.
Growing healthcare awareness, rising per capita expenditure on healthcare, and improving access to high-value drugs should accelerate the North America proanthocyanidins market growth. Condensed tannins play a vital role in reducing blood pressure in hypertensive patients and offer protection from heart diseases which has driven the market demand. Proanthocyanidins are effective in reducing a tingling sensation or feeling of heaviness in the legs caused by chronic venous insufficiency, which should promote market growth.
Several manufacturers are engaged in launching new proanthocyanidins to satisfy rising demand pertaining to the personal care and dietary supplement industry growth. Various market players have also adopted strategic partnerships that allow product diversification and utilize the advantages of well-established distribution networks. Most manufacturers offer proanthocyanidins of specific grades, such as cosmetics, medicine, and food-grade, to cater to specific customer requirements which should trigger market growth.