PP (Polypropylene) Nonwoven Fabrics Market Size By Product (Spunbonded, Staples, Meltblown, Composite), By Application (Hygiene [baby diapers, feminine hygiene, adult incontinence, wipes], Industrial, Medical, Geotextiles, Furniture, Carpet, Agriculture) Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook, Growth Potential, Price Trend, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2019 - 2026
PP (polypropylene) nonwoven fabrics is expected to exceed USD 55 billion by 2026. The growing penetration of feminine hygiene products among working women across the globe is rising demand for PP nonwoven fabrics.
Some major findings of the PP (polypropylene) nonwoven fabrics market report include:
- The demand for PP nonwoven fabrics is increasing from hygiene application segment due to its benefits such as high tensile & abrasion strength and high absorbency.
- Increased application outlook in furniture industry for manufacturing mattress, table runner, decorated fabrics and sofa upholstery to propel PP nonwoven fabrics demand.
- The industrial, construction and automotive sector growth in Asia Pacific projected to augment demand for PP nonwoven fabrics.
- The increasing demand for baby diapers from North American countries including U.S. and Canada is expected to offer wide opportunities to nonwoven fabric industry expansion.
- Some of the major players operating in the PP (polypropylene) nonwoven fabrics market are Kimberly-Clark Corp., Fibertex Nonwovens, Toray Industries, and Mitsui Chemicals
- Companies are involved in introduction of advanced technology and improved materials to meet rising demand from application industries.
Polypropylene nonwoven fabrics are widely used in hygiene related products including baby diapers, wet wipes, feminine hygiene and adult incontinence products. Nonwovens are highly used in disposable baby diapers owing to its superior properties such as non-toxic, safety, anti-bacterial properties, flexibility, water resistance and breathability.
PP nonwoven fabrics are majorly used in feminine hygiene products which include sanitary napkins, tampons and pantyliners, and adult incontinence products. Nonwovens are used as fluid barrier, stain protector, odor controller, while offering softness and comfort in feminine hygiene products. Increasing consumer awareness related to feminine hygiene and rising incontinence problems among adults is a major factor fueling the demand for disposable hygiene products.
The PP nonwoven cleaning cloth used in industries protect undefiled materials and products from human contamination. The nonwoven work suit fabrics provides barrier against dust particles, asbestos, hazardous gases and chemical substances. Composite PP nonwoven fabrics are used for applications such as industrial cleaning and maintenance thereby providing abrasion resistance and irritation protection to the skin.
PP nonwoven fabrics are widely used in geotextiles manufacturing for various applications in erosion control, landfill, roofing, drainage and railroad & road construction. The geotextiles are manufactured using premium-quality polypropylene staple fibers which are needle-punched to form a dimensionally stable fiber network. Increasing usage of spunbonded technology in manufacturing of PP nonwoven geotextiles along with rise in infrastructural spending should stimulate PP nonwoven fabrics market.
Manufacturers are spending more towards R&D for product expansion and improving in the older ones to strengthen their market. PP nonwoven fabrics manufacturers are constantly looking to inculcate better technology into their products. The manufacturers offer raw materials for production of nonwoven fabrics by integrating their business across the value chain.