Drinkware Market Size By Product (Bottles [Water bottles, Tumblers, Shakers, Infusers], Mugs & Cups), By Material (Polymer, Metal, Glass, Silicone, Ceramic), By Application (Everyday, Sports, Travel, Domestic, Commercial), Industry Outlook Report, Regional Analysis, Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Drinkware Market is expected to exceed USD 35 billion by 2025. The growing preference towards easy to use and convenient ware for everyday hydration needs fueling the product demand.
Some major findings of the drinkware market report include:
- The demand for metal-based drinkware is increasing across the globe due to their benefits such as reusability, BPA free, less reactive and food grade material
- Utilization of beverages including dairy, juices and energy drinks for satisfying hydration requirements has contributed to practice of carrying reusable mugs & bottles throughout Asia Pacific
- The increasing health awareness among population in Latin American countries including Brazil and Argentina is expected to provide profitable opportunities to industry expansion.
- Some of the major players operating in the market are Thermos LLC, Dopper, Camel Bak, Hydro Flask, Hamilton Housewares Pvt. Ltd, Bormioli Rocco and Pacific Market International.
- Companies are delivering insulated and lightweight products to gain competitive edge over the rivals.
- The service providers in North America and Europe are replacing plastic drinkware with metal which offers superior heat insulation properties.
Consumers are adopting substitutes for disposable plastic-based drinkware owing to presence of harmful chemicals including BPA. Recent research has proved that glass-based drinkware contains high levels of lead and cadmium on the outer surface and around the rim which can cause adverse health conditions leading to hampering industry growth. Stringent government regulations pertaining to consumer health issues by utilization of single use plastics can become a major contributing factor for reusable product industry growth.
Drinkware infusers are predominantly utilized for detox fluids and fruits infused water preparation. Products including mint, lime water and green tea are made from infusers which helps to cure digestion issues and headaches which has led key players focus towards novel product development. For instance, In September 2019, Menna Incorporation launched their latest product under the brand name Menna ONE. This product is a portable tea infuser which uses SteepStop-ReSteep technology that gives users control over flavor and intensity of their tea.
U.S. shakers market may experience appreciable gains of 3.2% CAGR during the projected timeline. Growing number of sports clubs and fitness centers in U.S. owing to rising obesity prevalence and fitness enthusiasts should support utilization of protein shakers in the region. As per National Center for Health Statistics, 39% of the adults aged 20 and over are suffering from obesity.
Favorable government policies including President’s Council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition (PCSFN) aiming to increase sports participation among youth will spur introduction of new brands. For instance, In September 2017, PROMiXX launched its new product named PROMiXX Vortex Mixer protein shaker which is integrated with Vortex Mixing Technology. This product offers beneficial attributes including portability, convenient, effective and ingredient blending.
Manufacturers are engaged in partnerships and joint ventures to offer variety of products to the consumers. The operators in this market are focusing to add on new production facility which may produce various product and expand their product portfolio. The industry players are introducing new products in various forms such as water bottles, tumblers, shakers and infusers to maintain their stability in the market.