Tobacco Market in India 2017
Netscribes’ latest market research report titled Tobacco Market in India 2017 states that the tobacco market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% over the period FY 2016 to FY 2020. A large portion of Indian economy is agricultural based where tobacco is the principal cash crop that is grown in many states. India is the 2nd largest producer and 3rd largest exporter of the tobacco in the world. Bidi dominates the tobacco market in India, followed by chewing tobacco and cigarettes. Indians consume bidis, snuffs and smokeless tobacco, including gutka, khaini and zarda.
Increasing regulations in the tobacco industry via taxation bans on advertising have led to a decline in tobacco products volume sales in India. This has been done to reduce consumption of tobacco products in the country. Legal cigarettes contribute to the majority of the tax revenue compared to the other tobacco products. In the Union Budget of 2016-17 the government has priced the tobacco products very high. Tobacco manufacturing companies to increase their sales took the advantage and have launched more tobacco products under new brands and extensions. Furthermore, bans on smoking cigarettes and bidis in public places, pictorial warnings on cigarette boxes have also been discouraging the Indian population to consume tobacco products in the country. In spite of stringent regulations, the tobacco industry has witnessed a growth with ITC, Godfrey Phillips and VST Industries ruling the cigarette market in India.
Overview of the tobacco sector in India and forecasted tobacco market size over 2016 to 2020e
Overview of the Export earnings
Product wise segmentation and market share of legal cigarettes
Tobacco consumption share and tax revenue share
Porters Five Force Analysis
Industrial issues regarding taxation
Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major public and private players
Get a broad understanding of the tobacco sector in India, its link to the overall tobacco products, the major segmentations of the sector and current state of the same
Be informed about the major tax regulations in the sectors
Understand major competitors’ business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
Be informed regarding the key areas of opportunity in the tobacco sector
Make more informed business decisions with the help of insightful recommendations provided to succeed in the tobacco sector
- Chapter 1: Executive summary
- Chapter 2: Socio-economic indicators
- Chapter 3: Introduction
- 3.1. India tobaccmarket definition and structure
- 3.2. Top tobacco-producing states in India
- Chapter 4: India tobaccmarket
- 4.1. Market overview
- 4.2. Tobaccharvest in India – volume-wise (FY 2016 – FY 2019e)
- 4.3. Flue-Cured Virginia (FCV) tobaccproduction in India (FY 2015 – FY 2018)
- 4.4. Average farm price of FCV tobaccin India (FY 2013 – FY 2017)
- 4.5. Tobaccmarket size and growth forecast – value-wise (based on tax revenue) (FY 2016-FY 2023e)
- 4.6. Per capita consumption of tobacc(FY 2017)
- 4.7. Per capita consumption of cigarette (FY 2017)
- Chapter 5: India tobaccmarket segmentation
- 5.1. Based on harvest type (FY 2018)
- 5.1.1. Cigarette tobacco
- 5.1.2. Non-cigarette tobacco
- 5.2. Based on forms of consumption (2018)
- 5.2.1. Khaini
- 5.2.2. Beedi and cigarette
- 5.2.3. Others
- 5.3. Based on consumption-tax revenue (2017)
- 5.3.1. Legal cigarettes
- 5.3.2. Other tobaccproducts
- 5.4. Based on major players (2018)
- 5.4.1 ITC Ltd.
- 5.4.2 Kothari Products Ltd.
- 5.4.3 Godfrey Phillips India Ltd.
- 5.4.4 VST Industries Ltd.
- 5.4.5 Golden TobaccCompany Ltd.
- 5.4.6 NTC Industries Ltd.
- Chapter 6: Trade analysis
- 6.1. Export of tobacco
- 6.1.1. Value-wise
- 6.1.2. Volume-wise
- 6.1.3. Country-wise
- 6.2. Import of tobacco
- 6.2.1. Value-wise
- 6.2.2. Volume-wise
- 6.2.3. Country-wise
- Chapter 7: Key growth drivers of the market
- Chapter 8: Key deterrents tthe growth of the market
- Chapter 9: Competitive landscape
- 9.1. Ashok and Company Pan Bahar Ltd.
- 9.1.1. Corporate information
- 9.1.2. Business description
- 9.1.3. Products and services
- 9.1.4. Key people
- 9.1.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.1.6. Key ratios
- 9.1.7. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.2. Godfrey Phillips India Ltd.
- 9.2.1. Corporate information
- 9.2.2. Business description
- 9.2.3. Products and services
- 9.2.4. Key people
- 9.2.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.2.6. Key ratios
- 9.2.7. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.3. Golden TobaccCompany Ltd.
- 9.3.1. Corporate information
- 9.3.2. Business description
- 9.3.3. Products and services
- 9.3.4. Key people
- 9.3.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.3.6. Key ratios
- 9.3.7. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.4. ITC Ltd.
- 9.4.1. Corporate information
- 9.4.2. Business description
- 9.4.3. Products and services
- 9.4.4. Key people
- 9.4.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.4.6. Key ratios
- 9.4.7. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.5. Kothari Products Ltd.
- 9.5.1. Corporate information
- 9.5.2. Business description
- 9.5.3. Products and services
- 9.5.4. Key people
- 9.6. M.R. TobaccPvt. Ltd.
- 9.6.1. Corporate information
- 9.6.2. Business description
- 9.6.3. Products and services
- 9.6.4. Key people
- 9.7. National TobaccCompany of India Ltd.
- 9.7.1 Corporate information
- 9.7.2 Business description
- 9.7.3 Products and services
- 9.7.4 Key people
- 9.8. Pataka Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- 9.8.1. Corporate information
- 9.8.2. Business description
- 9.8.3. Products and services
- 9.8.4. Key people
- 9.9. Sinnar Bidi Udyog Ltd.
- 9.9.1. Corporate information
- 9.9.2. Business description
- 9.9.3. Products and services
- 9.9.4. Key people
- 9.10. VST Industries Ltd.
- 9.10.1. Corporate information
- 9.10.2. Business description
- 9.10.3. Products and services
- 9.10.4. Key people
- 1. Research methodology
- 2. About Research on Global Markets