Detergent Market in India 2017
Netscribes’ latest market research report titled Detergent Market in India 2017 states that the detergent market is growing at a CAGR of ~10% during 2015-2020. Rural areas continue to hold a major share of the total volume of the detergent market due to low pricing. Increasing rural distribution network, value for money positioning and smaller packs are the key strategies for companies to strengthen their position in coming years. Higher income leading to growth in urban and rural markets, increased penetration of washing machines in urban households, rural empowerment and consumer companies launching detergents in the premium category are fostering growth in the market.
Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Rohit Surfactants, Procter & Gamble and Nirma are the key players in this industry. The detergent industry in India is mostly captured by organized players, but unorganized regional players have a significant hold on rural areas. On the basis of pricing, the organized detergent market can be divided into three categories, such as popular (economy), mid-range and premium. Popular segment occupied 45% of the market in India with brands such as Ghari, Nirma, Wheel and Fena. Ghari, in the popular segment, has emerged as a brooding competitor in the organized detergent market with its strong presence in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan and Delhi. Price competition among market players, lack of product differentiation and presence of toxic chemicals in detergents are the key challenges faced by the industry. Gradual change in consumer buying behavior, allowing them to shift from low-priced products to premium detergent brands has enabled companies to strategize their products accordingly to gain maximum market share.
Overview of the detergent market in India and forecasted tobacco market size over 2015 to 2020e
Overview of the Export earnings
Market Overview and structure
Player wise segmentation
Detergent category wise segmentation
Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major public and private players
Get a broad understanding of the detergent market in India
Be informed about the player wise segmentation and category wise segmentation
Understand major competitors’ business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
Be informed regarding the key areas of opportunity in the detergent market
Make more informed business decisions with the help of insightful recommendations provided to succeed in the detergent market
- Chapter 1: Executive summary
- Chapter 2: Socio-economic indicators
- Chapter 3: Introduction
- 3.1. Laundry detergent market definition and structure
- Chapter 4: Laundry detergent market in India
- 4.1. Market overview
- 4.2. Market size and growth forecast (2018-2023e)
- Chapter 5: Laundry detergent market in India - segmentation
- 5.1. Machine wash vs hand wash split (2018)
- 5.2. Based on market players (2018)
- 5.2.1. Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- 5.2.2. Rohit Surfactants Pvt. Ltd.
- 5.2.3. Procter & Gamble Home Products Ltd.
- 5.2.4. Nirma Ltd.
- 5.2.5. Jyothy Laboratories Ltd.
- 5.2.6. Fena Pvt. Ltd.
- 5.2.7. Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd.
- 5.2.8. Others
- 5.3. Based on major brands (2018)
- 5.3.1. Rin
- 5.3.2. Sunlight
- 5.3.3. Surf
- 5.3.4. Wheel
- 5.3.5. Ariel
- 5.3.6. Tide
- 5.3.7. Ghari
- 5.3.8. Nirma
- Chapter 6: Trade analysis
- 6.1. Export of laundry detergents
- 6.1.1. Value-wise
- 6.1.2. Volume-wise
- 6.1.3. Country-wise
- 6.2. Import of laundry detergents
- 6.2.1. Value-wise
- 6.2.2. Volume-wise
- 6.2.3. Country-wise
- Chapter 7: Key growth drivers of the market
- Chapter 8: Key deterrents tthe growth of the market
- Chapter 9: Competitive landscape
- 9.1. Fena Pvt. Ltd.
- 9.1.1. Corporate information
- 9.1.2. Business description
- 9.1.3. Products and services
- 9.1.4. Key people
- 9.2. Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
- 9.2.1. Corporate information
- 9.2.2. Business description
- 9.2.3. Products and services
- 9.2.4. Key people
- 9.2.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.2.6. Key ratios
- 9.2.7. Key financial performance indicators
- 9.2.8. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.3. Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- 9.3.1. Corporate information
- 9.3.2. Business description
- 9.3.3. Products and services
- 9.3.4. Key people
- 9.3.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.3.6. Key ratios
- 9.3.7. Key financial performance indicators
- 9.3.8. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.4. Jyothy Laboratories Ltd.
- 9.4.1. Corporate information
- 9.4.2. Business description
- 9.4.3. Products and services
- 9.4.4. Key people
- 9.4.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.4.6. Key ratios
- 9.4.7. Key financial performance indicators
- 9.4.8. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.5. Nirma Ltd.
- 9.5.1. Corporate information
- 9.5.2. Business description
- 9.5.3. Products and services
- 9.5.4. Key people
- 9.5.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.5.6. Key ratios
- 9.5.7. Key financial performance indicators
- 9.5.8. Business segments, geographical segments
- 9.6. Patanjali Ayurved
- 9.6.1. Corporate information
- 9.6.2. Business description
- 9.6.3. Products and services
- 9.6.4. Key people
- 9.7. Procter & Gamble Home Products Ltd.
- 9.7.1. Corporate information
- 9.7.2. Business description
- 9.7.3. Products and services
- 9.7.4. Key people
- 9.7.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
- 9.8. Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd.
- 9.8.1. Corporate information
- 9.8.2. Business description
- 9.8.3. Products and services
- 9.8.4. Key people
- 9.9. Rohit Surfactants Pvt. Ltd.
- 9.9.1. Corporate information
- 9.9.2. Business description
- 9.9.3. Products and services
- 9.9.4. Key people
- 1. Research methodology
- 2. About Research on Global Markets