activpayroll- Next Generation Payroll Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Payroll Services vendor assessment for activpayroll is a comprehensive assessment of activpayroll’s payroll services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of payroll outsourcing and identifying vendor suitability for payroll services RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales, and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector
- HR and payroll decision makers.
Key Findings & Highlights
activpayroll, headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland, was founded in 2001 to provide global payroll solutions to the oil and gas sector (an industry with highly complex payroll due to various industry-specific activities, e.g. moving assets, new countries onboarding, unions, and mobile employees.) In 2002, activpayroll began to expand its global payroll services, followed by global mobility services in 2003. Today, activpayroll has six offices globally as well as strategic partners in another ten (EMEA, Americas, and APAC) and provides payroll services in 146 countries serving ~1,000 clients.
activpayroll focuses solely on offering managed payroll solutions to clients through its activ8 cloud payroll platform; its service offering includes:
- Global payroll (fully managed payroll services)
- Global mobility
- Audit and compliance
- International payroll payments
It offers payroll services on its proprietary cloud based payroll system, activ8, which is currently configured to support 130 countries, with preconfigured integrations to leading HCM and payroll platforms including certified connectors to Workday. activpayroll has been a Workday global payroll partner since 2008 and was the first company to be PECI certified in 2016.
Activpayroll focuses on providing multi-country payroll services and global mobility services to small and mid-market clients (primarily those with up to 15k employees). However, its software and services are scalable up-market and can accommodate clients with more than 15 employees. Its smallest client has 20 employees, while its largest client has >15k.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of activpayroll’s next generation payroll services offering, capabilities,and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, and outlook
- Revenue estimates
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the company’s delivery organization including the location of delivery locations.