Wipro – Salesforce Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Salesforce Services Vendor Assessment for Wipro Appirio is a comprehensive assessment of Wipro Appirio’s Salesforce service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Soucing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for Salesforce services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves agaisnt their peers
- Fiancial analysts and investors spcialization in IT services and digial.
Key Findings & Highlights
Wipro acquired Appirio in November 2016, for $500m. U.S.-based Appirio is a consulting and systems integration firm that has historically focused on Salesforce (SFDC) applications, Workday applications, and more recently around Google's technology. At the time of the acquisition, Appirio had ~1,250 employees and was headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, with offices in San Francisco, London, Dublin, and Tokyo. Appirio also had an offshore delivery center in Jaipur, India.
Also, Apprio brought to Wipro, a small crowdsourcing business, Topcoder, which Wipro has now amalgamated with its internal crowdsourcing initiative, TopGear.
Appirio was Wipro's second most expensive acquisition ever (after that Infocrossing, which provided hosting and IT infrastructure services). The strategic rationale for Wirpo acquiring Appirio ws both:
- Increasing its exposure to an offering with high traction
- Expanding its client base from IT departments to business and marketing departments.
Wipro brought Appirio an estimated 600 FTEs from its SFDC practive and helped Appirio double its headcount in India.
Appirio keeps operating as an independent company, under the brand 'Appirio, a Wipro company'
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Wipro Appirio's Saleforce service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company's offerings and key service components, accelerators, and platforms
- Revenue estimates
- Ientification of the company's strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base including the company's strategy
- Analysis of the company's strengths, weaknesses and outlook