Wipro - Quarterly Update
Who Is This Quarterly Update For?
NelsonHall’s Quarterly Update on Wipro provides a snapshot of developments at the company in the last quarter. It accompanies NelsonHall’s more comprehensive Key Vendor Assessment program.
Both programs are designed for:
- Marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target service opportunities within the BPO/IT Services markets
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT and BPO services and identifying vendor suitability for these services
- Consultants advising clients on vendor selection
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the BPO/IT services sector.
Q4 FY18 performance impacted by ongoing uncertainties and second client bankruptcy
Throughout FY18, Wipro had indicated that it expected a significant pick up in Q4, and indeed CEO Abidali Neemuchwala acknowledges that: “We entered Q4 with confidence.” However, the quarter was impacted by:
- Two large client bankruptcies
- Ongoing uncertainties in the HPS business
- Continued weakness of its communications business unit (down to 15.6% of group revenue)
- The India & Middle East business is in the middle of a turnaround.
Some bright spots
Outside these factors, management highlights that Wipro’s underlying business is improving and the portfolio is evolving
- FY18 revenues crossed $8bn, with digital revenues up 27%
- Order book is healthy
- Client mining has strengthened
- Wipro has resolved the problem of its hosted data center business
- Wipro continues to make progress against other strategic pillars
Outlook for FY19: Q1 muted, expects to pick up from Q2
This Quarterly Update on Wipro is 13 pages. For details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a quarterly update on Wipro, looking at financial performance and key developments during the period.
It accompanies NelsonHall’s Key Vendor Assessment program which looks at Wipro’s IT and BPO offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strengths, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphases and new developments
- Revenue breakdowns
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s client base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.