Wipro - Big Data and Analytics Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Big Data and Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for Wipro is a comprehensive assessment of Wipro’s big data and analytics service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managerslooking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Most of Wipro's big data and analytics (BDA) capabilities are within one main service line, Wipro's Analytics Business; this is a horizontal service line which has its own P&L and responsibility for delivery. It offers a wide range of data-related services from new database software services to information management, big data, advanced analytics services, accelerators, and platforms.
Key clients of Wipro's Analytics Business include BP, Capital One, Visa, CVS Caremark, GSK, T-Mobile, Sears, J&J, Best Buy, AIB, and Cisco.
A strategic priority for Wipro's Analytics Business is to continue positioning its capabilities within the context of digital, notably working with colleagues including in the Designit business and in Wipro Digital.
Another priority for Wipro's Analytics Business is to provide a repeatable service. It has invested in several IPs; the main ones are:
- Data Discovery Platform (DDP): (see Data Discovery Platform subsection)
- Insights as a Service: Wipro's Analytics Business is developing a set of 100 apps, which correspond to use cases. These use cases are at different levels of automation, some at the ideation level and others (~60%) including dashboards and algorithms
- Digital Service Hub (DSH): this has a different profile than DDP and Insights as a Service; it is a cloud computing orchestration engine that provides access to IaaS, and in the future to PaaS. With DSH, Wipro's Analytics Business wants to provide clients with fast access to big data and analytics tools, from different clouds including AWS, IBM Bluemix and Watson, and Microsoft Azure.
Wipro's Analytics Business is also increasing its work with start-ups, some of which are funded by Wipro Ventures, and wants to include the technology of these start-ups within its accelerators and platforms.
Finally, a key element of its strategy is around skills: Wipro's Analytics Business is helping its personnel to expand their skills, e.g. transitioning skills around BI and EDW towards new tools such as IBM Watson. Also, Wipro's Analytics Business recently launched its School of Decision Sciences, and wants to train 10k personnel in the next three years around AI, and decision science.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Wipro’s big data and analytics service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook