Unisys- Quarterly Update
Who Is This Quarterly Update For?
NelsonHall’s Quarterly Update on Unisys provides a snapshot of developments at Unisys in the last quarter. It accompanies NelsonHall’s more comprehensive Key Vendor Assessment program. Both programs are designed for:
- Marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target service opportunities within the BPO/IT Services markets
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT outsourcing services and identifying vendor suitability for IT services
- Consultants advising clients on vendor selection
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the BPO/IT services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Q1 2017 Performance: Encouraging Start to the Year
- Non-GAAP operating margin was 6.3%, up 3.4 pts y/y
- Services operating margin up 400 bps y/y at 4.7%, partly due to a large profitable C&IS transaction in the quarter
- Technology revenues of $79m were up 7.1% in CC
- Bookings TCV up 26% y/y, with several EUC deals
- Launched three new IP-based offerings for focus industries
- Continues to ramp consulting hires in Services business
- Unisys sees further tailwinds in Homeland Security opportunities
- Reaffirmed 2017 full year guidance.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a quarterly update on Unisys.
It accompanies NelsonHall’s Key Vendor Assessment program which looks at Unisys’ IT and BPO offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strengths, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphases and new developments
- Revenue breakdowns
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s client base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook