Unisys - Next Generation End-User Computing Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Next Generation EUC Services Vendor Assessment for Unisys is a comprehensive assessment of Unisys’ next generation EUC services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for EUC services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in EUC services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Unisys is a major end user services vendor. Over the years, it has expanded its offerings from onsite support and helpdesk services to remote monitoring and transformation offerings including virtual desktops.
In Q3 2016, management highlighted that it is making significant investments in the modernization of EUC and workplace services. Within Cloud and Infrastructure Services (C&IS), Unisys is further expanding automation with toolsets including ServiceNow, driving more self-help; and also through the use of Tech Cafes, providing walk-in support for end users.
Unisys' end user services capability includes:
- Providing helpdesk services and support for ~3.5m devices globally; including ~1.4m desktop and mobile end-users in North America and ~1m in EMEA
- Approximately 3.2k service desk agents providing multilingual support in 19 languages
- Approximately 3.4k field engineers globally, including those whitelabeled to Dell, EMC, Cisco, managing ~4m field dispatches
- In 2016, it handled 15m incidents.
Managed Workplace Services is part of Unisys' Cloud & Infrastructure Services business. Unisys is placing renewed focus and investment on this part of the business, with the recent appointment of Mickey Davis as Global VP of Managed Workplace Services. Unisys' workplace consulting teams which sit within Managed Workplace Services are integrated with infrastructure, applications, and security to deliver holistic workplace solutions, with a focus on business outcomes. Unisys is placing a strong emphasis on next generation EUC services through workspace modernization services, and next generation service support.
Unisys has ~6.8k FTEs across Managed Workplace Services, of which~3.2k are dedicated to service desk services.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Unisys’ next generation EUC service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook