Transcom - CMS in Telecommunications
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s CMS in telecommunications industry sector profile on Transcom is a comprehensive assessment of Transcom’s telecommunications sector customer management services (CMS) offerings and capabilities, designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of CMS to serve the telecommunications sector and identifying vendor suitability for CMS RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Transcom is a publicly-held company which has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2001.
Transcom has ~30k employees in 52 delivery centers across 20 countries, providing support in 33 languages.
Transcom was created in 1995 by investment company Investment AB Kinnevik in Sweden. It began its business in the telecommunications industry sector, and its first customer was TELE2. On November 26, 2014, Transcom completed redomiciliation to Sweden from Luxembourg, by way of a merger between the former parent entity Transcom WorldWide S.A. and the subsidiary Transcom WorldWide AB, which became the new publicly listed parent company of the Transcom Group. In March 2015, Altor Equity Partners acquired Kinnevik’s majority share of 24.5%, for SEK 421m (~$49m). In January 2016, Transcom announced a restructuring initiative of its operations, creating a Continental Europe region combining operations in Spain and Portugal with the former Central and South Europe region (excluding the U.K.); integrating the Englishspeaking markets in North America and Asia Pacific with the U.K. operations; preserving the North Europe region; and placing its LATAM operations under review. In December 2016, Altor announced a public cash offer to the shareholders of Transcom to transfer all shares in Transcom to Altor. In March 2017, Altor announced that it will complete the offer.
Communications is its highest revenue generating industry sector, followed by financial services and retail.
In 2001: Transcom established itself in Spain. Since then, Transcom’s business volume has increased, not only in terms of financial services but also in terms of the telecommunications industry.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Transcom’s telecommunications offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, and outlook
- Revenue estimates
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s CMS telecommunications sector customer base, including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s telecommunications sector CMS offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the company’s delivery organization including the geography of delivery locations used for CMS telecommunications sector clients.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook