Tigerspike - UX-UI Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s UX-UI Consulting and Implementation Services Vendor Assessment for Concentrix and Tigerspike is a comprehensive assessment of Concentrix and Tigerspike’s UX-UI consulting and implementation services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for UX-UI services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in UX-UI services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Tigerspike was founded in 2003 in Australia. It now possesses ten offices across Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and North America. Tigerspike offers digital experience design and strategy, platform and mobile application development, systems integration, and data visualization, through a proprietary real-time visualization tool. Its target industries include retail, financial services and insurance, travel and transport, telecom and healthcare.
In July 2017, Synnex Corporation-owned Concentrix acquired Tigerspike for an undisclosed amount. Tigerspike now provides the UX-UI design and development services in support of other Concentrix service offerings. However, Tigerspike remains independent from a branding and identification perspective.
Tigerspike differentiates itself from traditional design agencies and technology consulting firms, by positioning itself to offer services across design and technology. While Tigerspike starts with user experience, it also brings technology skills to implement the designs that are created and update backend systems as necessary.
In FY 2017 (ending November 30, 2017), as part of Synnex Corporation financial disclosures, Concentrix reported total revenues of ~$1.7bn, reflecting 21.1% growth over the previous year.
NelsonHall estimates that Tigerspike's CY 2017 revenues were ~$69m.
NelsonHall estimates that Tigerspike will represent ~3.5% of Concentrix revenues in 2018.
Tigerspike offers the following services:
- Strategic consulting: identifying and prioritizing opportunities to use digital and mobile offerings to improve processes, reduce costs or increase revenues
- Experience definition: design and develop new experiences to address specifically identified opportunities or problems
- App take over: enhancement, modification and modernization of existing applications
- Cross-platform development: development of new applications
- Maintenance and support: on-going enhancement, management and support of mobile and customer-facing applications
- Experience lab: an internal organization that allows for development and testing of new offerings and emerging technologies such as AI and AR.
To deliver these services, Tigerspike has built a defined UX consulting methodology.
Tigerspike has ~400 employees globally. The geographic breakdown of this group is as follows:
- 50% (~200) in APAC
- 25% (100) in EMEA
- 25% in North America.
Being founded in Australia and maintaining a presence in the Asia-Pacific region provides Tigerspike an advantage in understanding a growing region that many multi-nationals have not fully built UX-UI capabilities in.
Tigerspike also has credentials spanning both internal and external facing initiatives providing it a solid understanding of the key success factors and considerations for different user bases. While these capabilities may be limited to specific locations, Tigerspike's goal of industrializing its delivery will enable all locations to deliver common services.
Tigerspike's services to date have primarily focused on mobile development, together with the systems integration capabilities needed to support this, and the company is strategically remaining reactive to client requests in incorporating new and emerging technologies. Being more proactive in building capabilities and offerings in areas such as AR/VR, conversational and voice interfaces would position it well to bring creative and emerging solutions to its clients.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Tigerspike’s UX-UI service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths and weaknesses.