Tieto – IoT Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s IoT Services Vendor Assessment for Tieto is a comprehensive assessment of Tieto’s IoT service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for IoT services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IoT sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Tieto has several initiatives related to IoT in its different businesses, from PDS to Industry Solutions and its internal incubator Data-Driven Business (DDB).
Product Development Services
Product Development Services (PDS) is involved in the creation of connected products, and equipment and in adding IoT features (e.g., connectivity) to existing products. IoT is a sizeable business for PDS, which estimates that ~30% of its 2017 revenues (€127m) were related to IoT.
Data-Driven Business and Industry Solutions
Tieto has positioned DDB as an innovation incubator with a focus on new business models and new products arising from the use of data. DDB has focused initially on IoT, identifying existing IP based IoT use cases and creating new ones, based on a fail fast approach (see Offerings and Capabilities section).
Tieto formally launched its Data-Driven Business (DDB) in July 2016. DDB is part of Tieto’s Growth Business. Growth Business includes both services (cloud, security, and customer experience management) and growth industry solutions (lifecare, case management, payment, and banking solutions).
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Tieto’s IoT service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components, accelerators, and “platforms”
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook