Tech Mahindra- CMS in Telecommunications
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s CMS in telecommunications industry sector profile on Tech Mahindra is a comprehensive assessment of Tech Mahindra’s telecommunications sector customer management services (CMS) offerings and capabilities, designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of CMS to serve the telecommunications sector and identifying vendor suitability for CMS RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Tech Mahindra was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. It completed its merger with the former Mahindra Satyam (MS) in 2013, and the merged entity is called Tech Mahindra. Tech Mahindra and Mahindra Satyam both have a strong focus on telecommunications.
Tech Mahindra is a $4.0bn company with ~107k employees across 90 countries, supporting ~800+ global customers. It is part of the $16.9bn Mahindra Group which employs ~200k people across 100 countries and is focused on the following business areas: tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services, and vacation ownership.
Tech Mahindra’s service offerings include applications, business services, consulting, engineering, enterprise solutions, infrastructure, mobility, telecom solutions, and testing.
Tech Mahindra Business Service Group offerings include the following: business process outsourcing, consulting, and services. Its business service group includes customer management services (CMS) and its service line focus is asset management, claims processing, F&A, service desk, source to pay, and warranty management. The industry sector focus of its business services group includes telecommunications, healthcare and life sciences, banking and financial services, retail, high tech, and manufacturing. It has ~23.6k FTEs and 26 global delivery centers.
Tech Mahindra has acquired the following CMS capabilities:
• In 2016: it acquired BIO Agency, a U.K. based company specializing in digital transformation
• In September 2012: 100% stake in Hutchison Global Services (HGS), a telecom captive, for ~$87m. HGS had ~11.5k employees operating out of Mumbai and Pune, providing customer management services to clients in the U.K. (three), Ireland (three), and Australia (Vodafone). As part of the deal, these clients have committed to procure services worth $845m over a five-year period, and have agreed to HGS being their exclusive provider of customer management services in India
- In March 2012: 100% of vCustomer’s international operations, for $27m. vCustomer was a CRM technology and BPS provider headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, with delivery centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines. It had clients in the retail, consumer electronics, and communications sectors.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Tech Mahindra’s telecommunications offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, and outlook
- Revenue estimates
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s CMS telecommunications sector customer base, including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s telecommunications sector CMS offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the company’s delivery organization including the geography of delivery locations used for CMS telecommunications sector clients.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook