TCS - IoT Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s IoT Services Vendor Assessment for TCS is a comprehensive assessment of TCS’ IoT service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for IoT services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IoT sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
TCS has within the Digital Transformation Services group, its IoT service line (ISL). ISL is full-service line with responsibility for P&L, client solutioning, service portfolio and IP, and CoEs. NelsonHall estimates that ISL has a headcount of 1.5k.
ISL is the main unit within TCS that addresses IoT opportunities and focuses on end-to-end contracts, as well as on standalone opportunities around IoT platforms. It works with
- Engineering and Industrial Services (EIS), for the design and component sourcing of connected devices
- Analytics and Insights, the main data analytics unit of TCS
- The CTO for Research & Innovation, which notably has developed the TCS Universal Platform (TCUP), TCS' own IoT platform. In 2014, TCS (CTO organization decided to create its own IoT platform and provide technical capabilities/features that did not exist at that time in the market. Since then, TCS has continued investing and marketing TCUP.
ISL gained in late 2017 an important IoT contract, with U.K.-based Rolls-Royce. The contract was a large contract (with a TCV estimated by NelsonHall to ~$100m) and included TCUP.
- ISL has somewhat changed the service portfolio it emphasizes. The unit is stressing out more its use case capabilities, with a strong focus on
- Connected products: B2B and B2C
- Connected plant and supply chain
- Smart city
- Energy management.
ISL highlights that client demand has moved from PoCs to full-scale implementation. As a result, ISL is putting less emphasis on its consulting work, which it operates under the Digital Reimagination brand from its flagship studio in Santa Clara, CA.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of TCS’ IoT service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components, accelerators, and “platforms”
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook