TCS - Healthcare Payer BPS
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s profile of TCS’s healthcare payer Business Process Services (BPS) is a comprehensive assessment of service offerings and capabilities designed for:
• Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers to deliver business process services to healthcare payers
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a public, global IT and BPS company headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company generated approximately $20.9bn in fiscal year 2019 (ending March 31). Approximately 13% of total revenue is generated from BPS contracts. The company serves payers, providers and life sciences organizations, including 6 of the top 10 payers. NelsonHall estimates that TCS payer BPM revenue from commercial clients in calendar year 2018 was $21m, and that the company’s revenues from government clients in 2018 was negligible.
The core of TCS’s payer BPS business is composed of clients, capabilities, and personnel in the claims processing and customer/member service functions. TCS offerings include:
• Provider credentialing and service
• Claims administration, especially document management
• Payment integrity/FWA
• Customer/member experience
• RPA technology is being leveraged in claims processing and in customer/member experience. While TCS continues to invest in ignio, its cognitive automation solution, the company has yet to find broad applicability for this software in payer operations.
TCS operates primarily as an offshore based outsourcing specialist.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of TCS’ offerings, capabilities, and market presence in support of business process transformation through the application of healthcare payer BPS including the company’s:
• Offerings and key service components
• Delivery organization
• Customer base, including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts (where available)
• Revenue estimates for healthcare payer BPS
• Strategy, emphasis and new developments in support of healthcare payer BPS
• Strengths and weaknesses.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook