TCS - Digital Transformation Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's Diggital Transformation Services Vendor Assessment for TCS is a comprehensive assessment of TCS's digital transformation services offerings and capablities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capablities of existing suppliers of IT services and iddentifying vendor suitability for digital transformation services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business mangerss looking to benchmark themselves against thier peer
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the digtial transformation sector
Key Findings & Highlights
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) was formed in 1968 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. Originally a captive provider to other Tata Group entities, todya it is an IT, consultaing, services and BPS organization that forms part of The Tata Group, India's largest private business conglomerate. TCS has grown rapidly throughout its 48-year history.
TCS is positioning its offerings along three broad themes:
- Digital in Paticular digital reimagination, which it describes as going beyond digital transformation by reimagining business models, products and services, customer segments, channels, business procescesses
- Simplification: e.g. captive collaboration, global shared services centers.
- Governance: e.g. post-merger integration, security.
TCS lauched its digital group in 2010, with a foucs on supporting its telecom client base by building out mobile applications to take advantage of transactions increasingly moving to the growing smartphone market
TCS is psotioning its digital capabilities under an umbereella of digital reimagination, focusing on enabling clients to evolve to take advantage of digital capabilities across business models, products and services, customers segments, enterprise experinece, channels, business processes and workplaces. TCS' digital transformation offerings include consulting and implementation services through the TCS Digtial Reimagination Studio and digital design pds: and digital products and platforms.
TCS' headcount at the end of June 2016 was 362,079, up 11.4% y/y. TCS estimates that it has trained ~180k personnel on digital capabiliites.
TCS' Digital Reimagination Studio in Santa Clara, CA had ~cross-discipline FTEs, primarily engineers andd designers. It is expecting to max out at ~60 FTEs in total and is currently looking at candidate locations for a second Digital Reimagination Studio.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of TCS' diwgital transformation services offerings, capabilities and market and finanical strengths, including:
- Analysis of the company's offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company's strategy, emphais and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base including the company's targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company's strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook