Sutherland- CMS in Telecommunications
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s CMS in telecommunications industry sector profile on Sutherland is a comprehensive assessment of Sutherland’s telecommunications sector customer management services (CMS) offerings and capabilities, designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of CMS to serve the telecommunications sector and identifying vendor suitability for CMS RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Sutherland Global (Sutherland) is a privately held firm headquartered in Rochester, New York. The company started operations in 1986. as a customer management services (CMS) provider. Across all industries, it employs ~40k globally, and operates ~60 locations in 19 countries, working in 21 languages.
Sutherland is an integrated BPS provider, working with clients across front and back-office services, supporting both consumers and enterprise clients. In 2014, Sutherland gained funding from TPG; NelsonHall estimates that TPG owns ~35% of Sutherland.
Telecommunications is Sutherland's largest sector and was one of its initial sectors of support for the company. Sutherland is focused on the following sectors: technology, telecommunications, BFSI, healthcare/government, retail/ecommerce, and travel/ transportation/logistics.
In 2016, Sutherland acquired San Ramon, CA based Nuevora, a firm that delivers analytics-as-a-service, closed-loop predictive and prescriptive big data marketing analytics solutions to simplify customer data into actionable information.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Sutherland’s telecommunications offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, and outlook
- Revenue estimates
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s CMS telecommunications sector customer base, including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s telecommunications sector CMS offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the company’s delivery organization including the geography of delivery locations used for CMS telecommunications sector clients.