NTT DATA - Blockchain Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s blockchain services vendor assessment for NTT DATA is a comprehensive assessment of NTT DATA’s blockchain offering and capabilities, designed for:
- Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within blockchain
- IT and process decision makers exploring the benefits and inhibitors of blockchain as evidenced from the clients and vendor capability
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to identify developments and target opportunities within managed service programs
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in, or covering the blockchain industry and suppliers.
Key Findings & Highlights
NTT DATA is a part of the NTT Group, and is a $19B organization on its own with 118,000 total employees focused on systems integration and IT services. The unit expanded considerably with the acquisition of Dell Services in 2016. NTT DATA formed its blockchain center of excellence in 2015 and commenced commercial operations in designing and deploying blockchain proofs of concept the year following. By the end of 2017, the CoE and business unit staffing level had reached 200, with blockchain personnel in 17 countries, and four separate innovation labs devoted to blockchain technology evaluation. NTT DATA was a founding member of the Hyperledger Project, and was an early contributor to the Hyperledger Iroha framework.
NTT DATA does not disclose its blockchain-specific revenues, but NelsonHall estimates its revenue from blockchain projects at $10m.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of NTT DATA’s blockchain offering, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments in both its service and technology
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, challenges, and outlook
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s key offerings (service model and service components)
- Analysis of the company’s delivery capability (including the location, size and scale of delivery operations; and delivery via technology).