Impact of Digital on Utilities Sector: 2019
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in Utilities Sector: 2019” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the Utilities sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Utilities sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Utilities sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Utilities sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Utilities sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the Utilities sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Utilities sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Utilities sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the Utilities sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Utilities sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Utilities sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Utilities sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the Utilities sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
The key business priorities for utilities organizations focus primarily on improving customer service, operating efficiency and accelerating delivery. The three major business priorities identified by utilities organizations, unprompted, were:
• Improving customer service including through expanded use of digital, mobile and chat capabilities
• Increasing efficiency in the billing and supply chain processes
• Improving tracking and predictive maintenance capabilities through the use of IoT/sensor-based applications and analytics.
Accordingly, utilities companies are:
• Identifying and pursuing digital initiatives to improve customer experience and reduce operational costs
• Incorporating DevOps and modernizing applications landscapes to accelerate time to market
• Prioritizing the engagement of vendors with deep industry knowledge, UX consulting capabilities and an ability to accelerate application development and implement cloud and SaaS solutions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook