Impact of Digital on IT Services in Pharmaceuticals Sector: 2018
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall's Impact of Digital on IT Services in Pharmaceuticals Sector:2018 report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
- Sourcing managers investgating sourcing developments within the Pharmaceutical sector
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Pharmaceuticals sector
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector.
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Pharmaceuticals sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Pharmaceuticals sector and addresses the following questions:
- What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
-What IT iniatives are planned by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
- How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sectors?
- What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Pharmaceutial sector?
- What business areas are targeted for digital initatives by organizations iin the Pharmaceuticals sectors?
- What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Pharmaceutical sector?
- What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector to select suppliers to implement digital initatives?
- What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Pharmaceuticals sector over the next three years?
- How do companies in the Pharmaceuticalss sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
As always, pharmaceuticals companies need to improve their R&D success rates while reducing their R&D spend and given the time taken in clinical trails reduce their time to market. Beyond their R&D expenditure, pharmaceuticals companies also need to reduce thier costs more widely across sales & marketing and administration, particularly their cost of financial reporting.
Eighty percent of pharmaceuticals companies see digital as highly relevant to thier industry, so there is significant focus on using digital solutions to improve their timelinesss in getting products to market as reducing operating costs. In particular, pharmaceutical companies are:
- Continuing to need to launch new products more quickly and cost-effectively
- Expanding use of digital to improve R&D collaboration and increase cost efficiency in administrative processes
- Modernizing application landscapes and redeploying IT expenditure throgh retiring legacy applications, and migrating to SaaS and cloud
- Increasingly using niche specialist vendors with business perspective to applying digital
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook