Impact of Digital on IT Services in the Media Sector: 2020
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in Media Sector: 2020” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the Media sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Media sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Media sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Media sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Media sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the Media sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Media sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Media sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the Media sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Media sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Media sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Media sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the Media sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
Media organizations are placing a primary focus on expanding market share through the expanded use of digital. Organizations are looking at leveraging digital to both improve service delivery and expand customer-facing offerings. Two primary business priorities to do this, identified unprompted by media companies were:
• Expanding digital products and improving the quality of content
• Improving digital marketing and advertising capabilities.
Accordingly, media companies are:
• Implementing automation and analytics capabilities to optimize digital marketing
• Expanding the use of RPA and automation in operations
• Migrating a larger proportion of the IT landscape to cloud environments and SaaS-based applications and consolidating legacy applications to reduce operating costs and improve system resiliency.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook