Impact of Digital on IT Services in the Logistics Sector: 2017
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in the Logistics Sector: 2017” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
- Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the logistics sector
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector.
Scope of the Report
This report is based on interviews with executives in the logistics sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the logistics sector and addresses the following questions:
- What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the logistics sector?
- What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the logistics sector?
- How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the logistics sector?
- What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the logistics sector?
- What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the logistics sector?
- What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the logistics sector?
- What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the logistics sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
- What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the logistics sector over the next three years?
- How do companies in the logistics sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
Facing the need to increase efficiency and adaptability in delivering services, logistics organizations are increasingly looking to digital initiatives. Ninety percent of logistics companies see digital initiatives as very highly or highly relevant to their operations. This holds true to an even greater extent in the U.K., where 100% of organizations rate digital as highly or very highly relevant.
While increased customer satisfaction and revenue are important benefits sought from digital, logistics companies see the benefits primarily as improving service fulfillment and turnaround times and reducing operational costs. As a result, there are two main prime targets for investment: increasing efficiency and adaptability in supply chain, demand and business planning; and automating both business operations and IT service delivery.
To deliver these initiatives and achieve these objectives, logistics companies are increasingly engaging specialist vendors capable of delivering SaaS applications through agile development and digital consulting services.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook