Impact of Digital on IT Services in Healthcare Provider: 2019
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in Healthcare Provider Sector: 2018” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the Healthcare Provider sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Healthcare Provider sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Healthcare Provider sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Healthcare Provider sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Healthcare Provider sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the Healthcare Provider sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Healthcare Provider sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Healthcare Provider sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the Healthcare Provider sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Healthcare Provider sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Healthcare Provider sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Healthcare Provider sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the Healthcare Provider sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
Throughout much of the world, healthcare providers are faced with increasing challenges in meeting rising expectations for patient care which include improving care of the elderly, reducing client wait times, better aligning staffing and demand and increasing the speed of diagnostics and treatments, while at the same time frequently remaining dependent on outdated legacy systems in areas such as patient administration.
These additional new demands are also creating a need to become more efficient, and the business priorities identified unprompted by healthcare providers were:
• Improve patient care and choice, including improving care for the elderly and community healthcare
• Reduce service delivery cost
• Accelerate service delivery and better align staffing and demand.
Accordingly, healthcare providers are:
• Increasingly focusing their digital IT initiatives on patient diagnostics and population health
• Seeking to modernize their application landscapes and improve application time-to-market
• Within their sourcing policies, prioritizing vendor industry & digital knowledge combined with increased use of SaaS.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook