Impact of Digital on IT Services in the Capital Markets Sector: 2018
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall Impact of Digital on IT Services in Captial Markets Sector: 2018 report is a comprehensive market asssessment report esigned for:
- Soucing manager investigating sourcing developmentss within the capital markets sector
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT Services (ITS) opportunites
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Capital Markets sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT servies within the capital markets setor and addresses the following questions:
- What ware the principal business prioities faced by organizations in the capital markets sector?
- What are the principal business prioities faced by organizations in the capital market sector?
- What relevant are digital initatives to organizations in the capital markets sector?
- What digital iniatives are planned by ogranizations in the capital markets sector?
- What business areas are targeted by digital iniatives by organizations in the capital markets sector?
-What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the capital marketss sector?
- What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the capital markets sector to select suppliers to implement digital initatives?
- What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in capital market sector over the next three years?
- Howw do comapnies in the capital markets sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years
Key Issues & Highlights
Capital markets firms are facing instability and uncertainty iin global markets, arising form political factors causing economic uncertainty and form shifts in economic growth leading to a reduced and uncertain planning horizon. At the same time, some of the same factors are leading to rapid changes in compliance and regulatory reporting requirements, with capital markets firms need to stay abreast of regulatory changes and minize the number of regulatory incidents.
This drives a need to ensure that personnel have the correct qualifications and training for thier role and a desire to reduce staff churn, especially faced with the rising cost of recuiting.
Digital is a significant mechanism in addressing these issues and 79% of capital marketts companies see digital as highly relevant to their industry. In particular, capital markets companies are.
In particular, capital markets companies are:
- Expanding the use of digital and automation to reduce the cost of doing business
- Focusing their digital iniatives on expanding customers self-service and trading platforms
- Mordernizing their application landscapes and automating IT operations to free up theeir transformation budget
- Increasingly using niche specialists in support of ditital iniatives