Impact of Digital on IT Services in the CPG Sector: 2020
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in CPG Sector: 2020” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the CPG sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the CPG sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the CPG sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the CPG sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the CPG sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the CPG sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the CPG sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the CPG sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the CPG sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the CPG sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the CPG sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the CPG sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the CPG sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
CPG organizations are placing a primary focus on expanding market share while improving efficiency in operations to reduce costs and improve time to market. Two primary business priorities to do this, identified unprompted by CPG companies were:
• Streamlining production through improved supply chain, procurement and logistics operations
• Expanding market share through revamped product lines and improved time to market.
Accordingly, CPG companies are:
• Implementing digital capabilities to better forecast demand and manage the supply chain and logistics
• Expanding the use of analytics to tailor marketing campaigns to maximize effectiveness and IoT/sensors in production to provide better visibility into production processes
• Migrating a larger proportion of the IT landscape to cloud environments and SaaS-based applications and consolidating legacy applications to reduce operating costs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook