Impact of Digital on Media Sector: 2019
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in Media Sector: 2019” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the Media sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Media sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Media sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Media sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Media sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the Media sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Media sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Media sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the Media sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Media sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Media sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Media sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the Media sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
While media companies do need to reduce their administrative costs, key business priorities for media companies particularly focus on expanding revenues. Two major business priorities to drive incremental revenues identified unprompted by media companies were:
• Expanding content acquisition and digital offerings
• Improving distribution processes and use of customer analytics to accelerate new offerings to market.
Accordingly, media companies are:
• Identifying and pursuing digital initiatives to improve customer experience and increase revenues
• Adopting DevOps and digitalizing applications landscapes to accelerate time to market and reduce IT service costs
• Prioritizing the engagement of vendors with cloud native development skills and deep industry knowledge to implement cloud and SaaS solutions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook