IBM - RPA and AI in HR Outsourcing
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's RPA and AI in HRP Vendor Assessment for IBM is a comprehensive assessment of IBM's automation and artificial intelligence offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of exisitng suppliers of HR outsourcing and identifying vendor suitability for HR services RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves agaisnt their peer
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector
- HR and payroll decison makers.
Key Findings & Highlights
IBM Cognitive Process Services (IBM), headquartered in Armonk, New York, provides a range of back-office and industry-specific outsourcing services through its Global Business Services (GBS) business segment.
GBS' Talent and Engagment (T&E) segment includes the following offerings:
- HR Reinvention: Services to help companies transform their HR organization, build a digital enterprise and move to the cloud. This includes development new, more agile operationg models, implementing cloud HCM solutions and deploying cognitive capabilities to enable more personalized employee care
- Talent Acquisiton: Consulting and RPO services for optimizing the hiring function to more effectively source, recruit,. andd hire the skills needed for business success
- Talent Development: Strategic services for creating a more dynamic learning function, tha offers personalized, real-time development activities and creates a culture of continuous learning
- Culture and Leadership: Advisory services for understanding, amplifying and sustaining a companny's core culture and developing the leaders who embody it
- Digital Change: Contemporary change methodologies and tools backed by behavioral science and analytics to help clients shape, plan and execute business transformation initiatives
Today, IBM provides a range of HR outsourcing services through a consult to opeate model, including:
- HR strategy consluting: HR transformation, Phase 0 assessment and selection, employee experience roadmap, culture and leadership
- Core HR system implementation andd optimization for Workday, SuccessFactors, and Oracle Fusion
- Multi-process HR services: contact center, EDM, payroll, benefits administration, compensation, recruitment outsourcing, and learning platform services including content development and learning administration.
IBM's HR services offerings includes a consult to operate model, assisting clients on the front-end to shape the business case, redefine the opeating model, and design HR processes, and then establishing the capability to mange and operate functional areas across all HR domains. This includes traditional HR mult-process services as well as release management services for clients HCM platfomers.
Through its HR solutions, IBM leverages RPA and Ai technologies as foundational capabilities that eneable digital transforrmation and enahnce the value derived from client HR systems.
IBM's HR portfolio includes cognitive and automation assets that are designed to:
- Deliver peronalized recommendations, for emplyees, managers and HR
- Transform interaction and increase emplyee engagment with the enterprise
- Create empowering insights that make information and knowledge broeadly available to support a wider variety of decisons
- Optimize operations by automating repeatable processes and improving the accuracy and quality of user and client outcomes.
It has incorporated RPA and AI capability across the entire HR domain, including
- Talent acquisiton & onboarding
- Larning and employee developments
- Knowledge management
- HR operations.
IBM has deployed hundreds of software robots and desktops automation scripts in its HR operations and estimates it has automated ~30% of its HR processing to date. IBM maintians a library oof over 9k objects across its entire spectrum of sservices and industry verticals, with HR automations comprising ~1k of these (>10%).
IBM's RPA and AI solutions available as part of HR services delivery, or as standalone solutions (automation as a service). It can support clients with consulting, solution development, deploayment, and ongoing managed HR services.
IBM supports the delivery of its automation capability through a combination of its own development resources and solutions, and by leveraging select best in class: technology platforms and partners.
IBM maintians a COE structure in the delivery of its RPA and AI capability with primary leadership in its Costa Rica center, supported by resources in Budapest, Hungary, and Manila, Philippines.
IBM's approach to rolling out its RPA and Ai capability to its client base is a mix of application at the service level across all clients programs, as well as deployment aginast specific client use cases and environments. Because IBM leverages client HR technology investment in the delivery of its HR services, many of its RPA and AI engagments are conducted at the cleint level, on a case by case basis, targeting the highly manual processes first, and then expanding to improve variosu processes next.
IBM has does not disclose its precise volume of clients leveraging each of its RPA and AI solutions, however, based on its approach, 100% of its clients are currently impacted by the technology. The large majority of its clients are Fortune 5000 (or equivalent) multinational enterprises headquartered in Norht America, EUrope, India, and Asia Pacific.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of IBM's RPA and AI offering leveraged in the delivery of its HR services, including:
- Identification of the comapny's strategy, new developments and outlook
- Analsys of the company's offerings and key service componnets
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base leveraging RPA and AI including the company's targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company's delivery organization including the location of delivery locations.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook