Harman Connected Services – IoT Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s IoT Services Vendor Assessment for Harman Connected Services is a comprehensive assessment of Harman’s IoT service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for IoT services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IoT sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Harman Connected Services (HCS) is a subsidiary of Harman International, and one of its four Divisions, along with Connected Car, Lifestyle Audio, and Professional Solutions. HCS was created in 2015 following two acquisitions:
Symphony Teleca, an ER&D services firm headquartered in California, mostly servicing the automotive and enterprise markets; and RedBend Software, an Israeli ISV providing over the air (OTA) software which updates systems, applications, and smartphones automatically.
HCS developed its IoT capabilities, initially through its mobile device manufacturers and communications device providers line of business, focusing on IoT product design and development.
IoT services are a service offering for HCS; it does not have a separate practice for IoT but draws on its resources for IoT projects. HCS estimates that 1.2k personnel is involved in IoT engagement, across all of its units.
HCS has ~50 IoT clients.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of HCS’ IoT service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components, accelerators, and “platforms”
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook