HCL - Sourcing and Procurement
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's Sourcing & Procurement Outsourcing vendor assessment for HCL is a comprehensive assessment of HCL's sourcing and procurement offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of sourcing and procurement and identifying vendor suitability for outsourcing services
- Venor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the F&A BPO sector
Key Findings & Highlights
HCL Technologies (HCL) first entered procurement BPO services in 2004, providing a manufacturing sector client of IT infrastructure management and SAP maintenance services with PO processing. The client was facing difficulties finding appropriate resources in it San Antonio operations.
Between 2004 and 2008, HCL's focus on procurement BPO evolved towards broader P2P services, for indirect spend on a shared service model; then it added more flexibility to its offerrings, which continued to focus on transactional procurement outsourcing services.
in 2009, HCL entered a two-year partnership with Xerox to add sourcing expertise to its sourcing and procurement (S&P) offerings portfolio; the intention being for Xerox specialist to support HCL's clients of procurement transactional support services with category management services. The partnership was targeting opportunities to support manufactures in their product development (HCL has extensive mechanical engineering capabilities). While the partnership helped HCL's inital development of services in managing RFx and e-auctions, it did not develoop into a strategic partnership.
Today, HCL has other partners for category management expertise: ProcureAbility, ISG, and Chain IQ. IT offers S2C services around e-aution support, P2P transactional and tactical services, spend analytics, and subsequent opportunity assessment on the back of sourcing support contracts
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of HCL's sourcing and pprocurement offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company's offering and key serive components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company'strategy emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base including the company's targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company's strengths, weakneses and outlook.