Market Research Logo

Dell Services - Big Data and Analytics Services

Dell Services - Big Data and Analytics Services

Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?

NelsonHall’s Big Data & Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for DellServices is a comprehensive assessment of Dell Services’ big data,analytics, enterprise data warehousing and BI offerings and capabilitiesdesigned for:
Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers ofIT services and identifying vendor suitability for big data & analyticsservices
Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking tobenchmark themselves against their peers
Financial analysts and investors specializing in the big data &analytics services sector.

Key Findings & Highlights

Dell Services provides big data, enterprise data warehouses (EDW), BIand advanced analytics services through its Advanced Analytics & OmniCommercepractice (AA&OC).AA&OC was launched in 1996 and has a headcount of 700 globally.NelsonHall estimates the AA&OCC revenues to be ~$70m in 2015 (and~$80m in 2016) and that it operates mostly in the North American market(~90% of revenues). The unit derives the majority of its revenues fromstandalone big data and analytics engagements (NelsonHall estimate~60%), with the remaining 40% being bundled contracts involving otherDell Services units. AA&OC provides mostly project services (mostly inbig data and advanced analytics), with durations lasting from six to twelvemonths. The company services EDW and ILM as part of multi-yearcontracts.At a high level, the practice is positioned at the intersection of digitalcommerce and analytics with a focus on business needs. AA&OChighlights that the majority of its engagements start with a businessrequirement (as opposed to a technical need for expertise). Clients tendto be business lines, marketing departments, risk management officesand COOs rather than IT departments.

Scope of the Report

The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of DellServices’ big data and analytics offerings, capabilities, and market andfinancial strength, including:
Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components,accelerators, and “platforms”
Revenue estimates
Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and newdevelopments
Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including thecompany’s targeting strategy
Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook


1. Background
and Strategy
2. Offerings and Capabilities
3. Delivery Network
4. Client Examples
5. Strengths and Challenges

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report