The Client Vison for Next Generation Customer Service
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall's The Client Vison for Next Generation Customer Services report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
- Sourcing managers investigating the art of the possible in next generationn customer service & looking to transform their customer interaction services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target digital & service transformation opportunities within customer services
- Finanical analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector.
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives with responsibility for customer service operations in the U.S., U.K., and Continental Europe, specifically addressing the customer service visions of executives in each of the energy & utilties, healthcare payer, high tech, life & P&C insurance, life sciences, retial, retial banking, telecoms, and travel sector.
The purpose of this study is to assist organizations in understanding the requirements and expectations and visions of major organizations form next generation customer services.
In particular, the sudy uses senior executive interviewing to establish:
- The level of current satisfaction with customer service operations overall and by service component and attribute
- The importance of customer service innovation to organization together with their visions and initatives around next generation customer service
- The channels and technologies that are key to nexxt generation customer service together with the level of intention to introdue new technologies by 2020
- Expected changes in the level of voice and digital customer interaction over the next three years
- Anticipated impacts of next generation customer service models on organizations' sourcing and shoring sttategies, including the extent to which introduction of next generation customer service delivery models will lead to greater use of BPO or insourcing
- The key capabilites sought from third parties in implementing and running next generration customer service
Key Issues & Highlights
Customer service procresses are relatively mature in most organizations, with high levels of satisfaction in areas such as customer care and end customer technical support. However, these processes are no longer static, with innovation in customer service delivery highly important to 85% of organizations over the next three years, and with innovation percieved to especially important by executives in the high-tech and telecoms sector.
- Organizations are seeking to eliminate voice interactions, where approriate, as part of their channel mix optimizations stratgies
- Organizations are seeking to implement new digital customers service process models, led by new techniques such as customer journey mapping and improved UX design and supported by new technoliges such as cloud based platforms, NLP, analytics, RPA, machine learnign and new channels such as cognitive chatbots
- Contrary to many expectations, BPS is favored by the shift to next generation customer service as access to external technology expertise becomes increasingly important and multi-shore delivery retains its importance