Capgemini– IoT Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s IoT Services Vendor Assessment for Capgemini is a comprehensive assessment of Capgemini’s IoT service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for IoT services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IoT sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Capgemini created its Digital Manufacturing (DM) service line in H1 2016 to focus on the notion of Industry 4.0/Industrial IoT. DM is a global service line and cuts across several service lines of Capgemini (e.g. Sogeti High Tech, Application Services business lines, and Consulting Services). It has responsibility for service portfolio management and delivery.
In more detail, DM targets both the product side of manufacturing (across themes including PLM services, 3D printing, and digital asset management), and the production side of manufacturing (across themes including control systems; manufacturing intelligence, i.e. product quality and preventive/predictive maintenance; digital operations, i.e. MES; and augmented/virtual reality). IoT is also part of this service portfolio, applicable to both product design and production.
Digital Manufacturing is structured around a network of CoEs, centered around one main virtual center in India, CoEs in major markets (i.e. U.S., Germany, and France), and secondary onshore CoEs. This network of CoEs manages service portfolio and is involved in solutioning. It is complemented by Capgemini's Applied Innovation Exchanges (AIEs), which are digital centers where Capgemini brings its clients to showcase technology, understand the clients' business and IT issues, conduct workshops, identify solutioning, and create prototypes. As part of their activities, AIEs also contribute to bringing new IoT services to DM.
DM has also positioned itself in the IoT space as a provider of the full IoT service, ranging from product design to IoT device monitoring. DM promotes its strengths in consulting (and its applied innovation exchanges), in systems integration (including its accelerators), and in engineering and R&D services.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Capgemini’s IoT service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components, accelerators, and “platforms”
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.